Songs of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any groups or certain songs that remind you of summer? For me it's the entire disc of Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of ****, anything by The Cars, Styx, Or Boston. Specific songs: The Boys Are Back In Town, In The City, Any Way You Want It, and several more too numerous to list.
cheers.gif

Southern Cross by Crosby, Stills, and Nash

The Rod Stewart cover of The First Cut is the Deepest

Thunder Island by Jay Ferguson

All the Lynyrd Skynrd stuff (the old stuff)

And unfortunately Dancing Queen by ABBA, which played incessantly on the jukebox at Kure Pier where I worked summers and fishing seasons, back when I was a "ute".

"Up All Night" by Slaughter

"New Girl Now" by Honeymoon Suite

"Power" by The Temptations

"Delta Dreamland" by Deborah Allen

"And We Danced Anyway" and "Strawberry Wine" by Carlene Carter

quote:

"New Girl Now" by Honeymoon Suite

I had tried, in my very distant past, to find this song. I heard it when I watched the movie "Blue Line", a Canadian film about a young runner and his girlfriend. I kept trying to find the sound track ..and it never got enough air time ....or whatever ..but I never found it ..until now.
pat.gif

More misadventures in finding music.

There are some songs that just are not available in CD. There is one by Marshal Crenshaw "Someday Someway (maybe I'll understand you)". Anyway, my wife and I used to do wedding videos in the mid 80's. We would dub in music on some of the reception scenes. Nick Eloe's "I knew the bride when she used to rock & roll" and whatnot. Anway ..I bought every Marshal Crenshaw CD ..and none of them had the song on them. I even called the radio station that was broadcasting it and got some "number" off of their listing. Nope.

At one time Eric Clapton did a Michelob commercial. It showed him leaving a concert ..and going to a bar and getting together with some other musicians. He played a different version of "After Midnight". FOR YEARS .................YEARS!!!!!! People looked at me like I was nuts when I said "Yeah, the beer commercial version of After Midnight". No one that I knew had a clue of what I was talking about. I bought every Eric Clapton CD that was available ..even though I knew it had to be recorded after the original version
dunno.gif
I said to myself ..that this is the most intricate adn sophisticated delusion that I couldn't possibly come up with.
confused.gif
Finally I, once again, called the local metro station and the guy asked me to call back in about 20 minutes. I did and he told me that it was only available on the Special Edition 4 CD set titled "Crossroads".

Anyway ..thanks for the missing link.
grin.gif

The incredibly appropriately named Summer Song by Joe Satriani. Even before I ever heard the title it made me think of cruising in a convertible with the pedal to the metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back