Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. Anyone use?

I gave the new Jetta a full detail and used Sonax PNS for the final step / protection. Wanting to stay within the Sonax family for maintenance I came across Sonax BSD. Has anyone used this? Reviews seem to be good. I will be using it every wash to every other wash to keep the PNS in good shape as it is harder to apply. Hoping it also increases slickness.

Attachments

• 84E60187-886F-45B5-A2E8-42EDBC1D8A49.jpeg
    84E60187-886F-45B5-A2E8-42EDBC1D8A49.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 14
BSD used to be the darling of the detailing universe as it has sealant like properties. I use it on door jambs and around the hatch opening but not too much on the main exterior since the ceramic sprays came out.

I use it after washes, but I dilute it 1:1 with distilled water or it streaks a bit on my metallic black car. Works great for beading water though and lasts a while...

I use it after washes, but I dilute it 1:1 with distilled water or it streaks a bit on my metallic black car. Works great for beading water though and lasts a while...
I’ve read of some who use it as a drying agent and that seems to work well. I’ll make sure I don’t apply full strength.

BSD used to be the darling of the detailing universe as it has sealant like properties. I use it on door jambs and around the hatch opening but not too much on the main exterior since the ceramic sprays came out.
I have plenty of Seal and Shine which has done well at beading water and creating a slick surface, but I’m just skeptical of its ability to actually protect the paint from sun / contaminates compared to a more robust sealant such as Sonax PNS. Since I have already applied the PNS I figured following up with their own BSD may have merit.

Just curious, why do you think it's more robust than S&S?
I don’t have any reason really, other than the price and brand name. I know that’s not a valid reason.

TW seal and shine has proven itself for what it is. It’s still my all around go too. I do believe that PNS is in a class above though. One being a “spray wax” the other being a dedicated sealant.

At any rate, I was ready to try something new and Sonax fit the bill. Plus, it’s German. Which means it will bond to the German paint better. (Kidding).

Never tried PNS or BSD. I know they're highly recommended, however...

$17-20 per liter is a hard sell for me. The small bottle you have is almost twice that?

I used the Brilliant Shine detailer this evening. Application and removal was easy. I did use it as a drying aid vs. applying full strength to dry paint as directed on the bottle. Gloss has visibly improved and paint is noticeably slicker to the touch. I think I have a winning combo. I'll take pics next time, it was too dark by the time I was finished.

Back