Son(s) of Sam - Netflix limited series

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Anybody watch this? I watched it last night and I think the theory has some merit. It definitely raises some questions.

Basically comes down to:
- Eye witness accounts appear to match all of the "persons of interest" Maury was investigating who were affiliates of Berkowitz, which also explains why all of the suspect sketches were so wildly different from each other.
- One eye witness saw Berkowitz in person 2 minutes before one of the murders was committed quite a distance away
- Berkowitz later admitted to killing several of the people, but not a few of the others, which was inconsistent with his earlier confession to all of them. Of course this could have just been playing to Maury's theory, but I don't see what Berkowitz had to gain from it, but of course that doesn't mean anything, crazy people do crazy things.
- The yellow VW bug belonging to one of the "persons of interest" matched the vehicle seen by one of the witnesses

The rest of it gets a bit too "out there", though I suspect that if there was in fact a film of the one killing, as theorized and supported by Berkowitz, that this would lend some credence to the multi-perp theory.

The infamy of this saga is still surprising. Shinedown recently had a bonus track called "Son of Sam":

And there have been numerous documentaries and pop-culture references as well.

If you haven't seen the show, it's worth the watch IMHO.

Quote:
Of course this could have just been playing to Maury's theory, but I don't see what Berkowitz had to gain from it, but of course that doesn't mean anything, crazy people do crazy things.

I‘m guessing he was similar to BTK serial killer. He enjoyed the thrill of killing.

Last edited:
Back