somewhat touching toyota commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the Taco Bell commercial a while back. Beyond that I will don't like them (either TB or Toyota).

They've been running it on TV for the past few days. They've gotta do what they can to try to minimize the damage. I can't blame them.

Toyota is just like the rest of the car manufacturers. They make some good ones and they make some bad ones. It seems they have been making their fair share of bad ones recently.

Dave

Classic example of why I think "Toyota = nothing" and always have. I won't say they never made any good products- they've had a few. But mostly they spent the past 3 decades using their ads, magazine articles, and all manner of media to create and nurture a PERCEPTION of superiority. This is just another example of the Toyota perception spin cycle, kicked into overdrive.

All fluff, no substance.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Classic example of why I think "Toyota = nothing" and always have. I won't say they never made any good products- they've had a few. But mostly they spent the past 3 decades using their ads, magazine articles, and all manner of media to create and nurture a PERCEPTION of superiority. This is just another example of the Toyota perception spin cycle, kicked into overdrive.

All fluff, no substance.

This is similar to what I told my friend yesterday. I said Toyota is riding their own wave of reputation they spent a long time building. Such that, most consumers become brain washed into a single group. This was made fun of in the Chevy commericals with the individuals wearing shirts that said, "everyone." And the rest is history....

All B.S. don't forget the reason for the recall was because they were "exposed" by the news...Next day they had the recall personally i think it is in the electronics and not the gas pedals or floor mats or the loose nut behind the wheel

Take away the fluff and it's basically a truthful commercial. I don't see a problem.

Quote:

But mostly they spent the past 3 decades using their ads, magazine articles, and all manner of media to create and nurture a PERCEPTION of superiority

You forgot a line of dependable vehicles too.

If your a Toyota owner than you may fall for all that garbage in the ad and reputation building truth is they were "experts" at covering up. They bought and paid to keep the State Farm insurance companies out of the headlines and they only recalled because they lost spin control and it got too big. Toyota owners will be in denial and then whine about how Fords roll over and Dodges catch on fire. I wouldnt have bought a Toyota before and I sure wouldnt now either.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

But mostly they spent the past 3 decades using their ads, magazine articles, and all manner of media to create and nurture a PERCEPTION of superiority

You forgot a line of dependable vehicles too.

A line of average vehicles.

Originally Posted By: calvinnnnnnnnn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZoBfpm1zHg

thoughts?
I have no words for how much I utterly despise the kind of music they play in the video. Sounds like a Danny Elfman track. Utterly feminized, emasculated (crud). It made me lose respect for Toyota, again.

Last edited:
Personally, the secretive corporate culture of Japan makes me feel they cannot be trusted. I mean really, since the redesigned Camry came out with throttle by wirethey have been hiding this problem? Clearly they've nurtured an image, which is completely false. TOYOTA= Turns Out You Oughta Try American; The One You Ought To Avoid.

Originally Posted By: USA1
Personally, the secretive corporate culture of Japan makes me feel they cannot be trusted. I mean really, since the redesigned Camry came out with throttle by wirethey have been hiding this problem? Clearly they've nurtured an image, which is completely false. TOYOTA= Turns Out You Oughta Try American; The One You Ought To Avoid.

....You have way too much free time!!

Originally Posted By: 7TFord
Originally Posted By: USA1

....You have way too much free time!!

Free time?? You, too, then...
He's alright...and the monikers are good...

I think we ought to be thanking toyota for forcing the domestics to produce a better product......who knows how bad the big 3 products would have become without the japanese raising the quality bar. competition is good for the consumer.

Originally Posted By: qship1996
I think we ought to be thanking toyota for forcing the domestics to produce a better product......who knows how bad the big 3 products would have become without the japanese raising the quality bar. competition is good for the consumer.

Right you are, and yes, Detroit put out some outright s*** for a couple of decades.

But just how long (and how much more of this recent news) is it going to take (IF EVER, from what I see of the populace's attitudes/perceptions) to un-brainwash, and un-sheeple the U.S. public away from their TOYS and Japan, Inc. products???!!!

Especially now that the Big 3 are on par with (or superior to) your Japan, Inc.
34.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back