Sometimes I love insurance claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I got some wonderful news.

So my Solara was my pizza delivery car for the last 3 years, and I had really taken it through the ringer. The big kablam was the front bumper having been damaged on a retaining wall, where it eventually began dragging and I had to rip it off. At the time I got a quote of $2,000 to repair it which was over twice the cost of what I paid for the car.

Blessing from God or luck (whatever you believe), a lady came around and hit my parked car while I was in the store last month. She was so worried I'd be upset and I said "lady, look at my car." "I know, I'm so sorry." "That's not what I mean. Please don't worry. Things happen." and we exchanged insurance information and sure enough her insurance decided my car was not worth fixing, so now I'm getting a whopping $2,200 for my Solara SLE.

TBH, she was headed for the graveyard anyways, and was missing on at least 2 cylinders as well as burning oil like a mother. 240k was the last clocked miles, it had seen its better days.

This month has been amazing for me. I'm gonna crack a beer now.

Cheers BITOG!

Refreshing that you can see so much positive about this situation. We need more of people like you that don't over-react to life's little annoyances. I can't say I am wired this way.
confused2.gif

Many years ago a guy brought in a Fairmont for a water pump.The thing was already fouling plugs and burning tons of oil. The TECH that was assigned to it had a bolt break off in the block. So He drilled it out. He apparently drilled too deep as he drilled a hole right into the #1 cylinder! When he pressure tested it coolant came burping out of the Carburetor!

Another guy and I were then assigned the repair. We pulled an engine from a wreck and put that engine,with the new water pump on it into the old battered Fairmont. The new/used engine was still in good condition. Didn't have any fouled plugs or burn oil.The customer was ecstatic!

Man I feel like I made out once like that. On a 2012 Yaris no less. Hail damage all over. Dog hair all inside. Dings and dings. We got a trade in value appraised at $2500. My wife hit an f150. Insurance totalled it and gave us $4,800.

Score! Got to love when things work out! What are you going to buy with the new found bounty?

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Refreshing that you can see so much positive about this situation. We need more of people like you that don't over-react to life's little annoyances. I can't say I am wired this way.
confused2.gif

smile.gif

Originally Posted by 14Accent
Score! Got to love when things work out! What are you going to buy with the new found bounty?

I will likely stick it into savings, I have been practically out of work for the last 3 months due to a slip on the ice which severed my quad from my knee cap. I had surgery and I'm in the final stages of recovery.

I collected workman's comp on it but it still did not cover 100% of my wages. So this check will help make up for that!

Probably doesn't answer your question, but the best I can say is that it will probably go into savings!

Originally Posted by P10crew

And we wonder why our rates are crazy!
21.gif

Dumb woman driver hits a $2200 car, could be worse for her company. She could have hit a $10k, 40k car.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Originally Posted by P10crew

And we wonder why our rates are crazy!
21.gif

Dumb woman driver hits a $2200 car, could be worse for her company. She could have hit a $10k, 40k car.

They would have simply fixed it then
smile.gif

Body shop rates are sky high though. It explains why there are so many salvage title cars on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back