Something of a rare sight these days, Honda Valkyrie Interstate

Canuck - moved to —> California —> Texas —> ???
Well, maybe it has always been a rare sight, maybe not, not sure. But I don't recall seeing them often. A guy at my old work place back in Canada had one and that's when I had a close look at it for the first time in person. I liked what I saw.

Fast forward to now and my eldest daughter can babysit for us, so my wife and I can do some riding together.
I started looking at tourers and saw this 2000 Interstate. Very good condition, well maintained, garage kept and was just below 10k miles when I got it. The gentleman I bought it from could not ride due to health reasons, however he kept up on all the maintenance.

Now that I put some miles on it, I can see why so many guys like these big tourers. It is quite a different riding experience, a lot more relaxed and comfortable. It is a huge beast though, my KZ650 feels almost like a bicycle in comparison :)

IMG_1064.PNG

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, if you are doing any highway 2 up miles the big tourers are great, but dont get rid of that 650. After you put a few thousand miles on the tourer you will find that when you want to ride alone or just take a short ride the 650 will be your go to bike. After I moved up to a Yamaha Roadliner from a Suzuki 800 I loved it. Lower engine RPM, way more power, more stable on the highway and in cross winds. After awhile I started missing not having to worry about pulling into a parking spot front first because I could not back pedal 800 lbs up hill, or pulling off onto a gravel road and turning around. And I missed the flickability (is that a word) on the twisties without dragging a floorboard. The only answer was 2 bikes so dont get rid of the 650, You can thank me later.

Well, maybe it has always been a rare sight, maybe not, not sure. But I don't recall seeing them often. A guy at my old work place back in Canada had one and that's when I had a close look at it for the first time in person. I liked what I saw.

Fast forward to now and my eldest daughter can babysit for us, so my wife and I can do some riding together.
I started looking at tourers and saw this 2000 Interstate. Very good condition, well maintained, garage kept and was just below 10k miles when I got it. The gentleman I bought it from could not ride due to health reasons, however he kept up on all the maintenance.

Now that I put some miles on it, I can see why so many guys like these big tourers. It is quite a different riding experience, a lot more relaxed and comfortable. It is a huge beast though, my KZ650 feels almost like a bicycle in comparison :)

View attachment 96838

View attachment 96839

View attachment 96840
Beautiful bike, beautiful wax job. Stay safe.

Back