Something different - HPL Super Car 0w-40 for the SRT

Is full saps only an issue if you have catalytic converters. Or will it affect anything else. I ask because they recommend low saps for my car. Audi RS3
full SAPS is spec'd for cars with catalysts, the shift to mid and low SAPS was to protect DPF's and then later GPF's. But, as @Titan noted, this isn't an issue if your vehicle doesn't consume considerable amounts of oil.

May I ask what else are you driving besides the Corolla?
Did you miss his Signature?
Regarding the Toyota, it states Corolla RIP

One can use full saps and drive long-term without issues of catalytic converter clogging. Full saps may help you fight fuel dilution effects also. But beware of full saps oils when driving many TGDI four cylinder brands in this country. They could leave your converter alone (non-consumption) , but assist in clogging your engine premature with carbon / soot, when driven anywhere near some manufacturers OCI recommendations.

Mighty high Calcium levels associated with full sap oils are the devil to saintly-type TGDI four cylinder vehicles.
Yes, your vehicle never sins and they all eventually go to Junkyard Heaven. But no one wants to see their former vehicle engine-innards inside a junkyard covered in burnt black.

Stick to mid-saps whenever possible. Those vehicles (engines) are worth saving.

Last edited:
Back