Something bit me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got bite marks all over my legs. They come in pairs of two red punctures, each about 1mm in diameter and about 6 mm apart. I was at the beach a few days, and I was hiking in elk country. Something got me. Something insectoid with fangs. Ick.
frown.gif

Heysus Christo! Northern California I am guessing (no elk that I know of out here).
98124487-L.gif

Are they puncture type wounds? Any visible reaction at the wound site?

Well, I know they're not elk bites!
grin.gif
I did however walk through ankle-high grass and shrubs around pasture lands and chaparral ridges. Something jumped ship off the vegetation or off the local wildlife. The bites look like spider bites, but they don't seem infected and there's no maceration going on. Do elks have fleas? I got pretty close to them. Ms moribundman was not bitten at all.

Maybe spiders of "unusual size"? I was actually doing some research to see if I could find anything for ya (like an encyclopedia of bites), but I am now sorry I did that and I have to move on. The Internet is a scary place
blush.gif

must...wash...brain...of scary images....

sand fleas from beach visit? We have no see ums around here . You wonder how something that small could have such big teeth. It's not a tick because they would still be on you. AMHIK

I don't suppose aliens could have probed you? Probably not, from what I've read legs aren't the norm for alein examinations.

It wasn't ticks. Our coastal deer ticks are also thankfully not carrying Lyme disease.

Anyway, I've gotten nasty spider bites in the past, three of which had to be excised surgically because they kept festering. One was on my arm, one on my stomach and one was in the swimsuit area.
mad.gif

I doubt they're sand flea bites, because I spend probably ten hours a week on the beach and never get that type bite. I didn't notice the bites, a dozen at least, until the next day. While they do look like spider bites, the typical symptoms are not there. All spiders are poisonous, but those bites appear to be healing already. Very strange!

If there are any scorpions here, I'm moving.

EDIT ATTEMPT

SWEET!
grin.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back