Someone Snagged all the 5w20 & 0w20 from shelves!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at my local Wally world last nite to check out the Pure Plus Pennzoil Ultra situation. Noticed all jugs of the 5w20 were gone. Same with the Pure Plus Pennzoil Platinum but they have the 0w20 also & that was gone. All Mobil Super 5w20 and PYB 5w20 were bought out also?? Did notice the have SuperTech 5w20 on rollback for $11.44 for 5quart containers though!! People bingeing on thin oils drastically all of a sudden? Never ever seen that at my local Wally world before. Ps -- they are always good for stocking the oil isle in this specific store.

I admit it. It was me!!!!
banana2.gif

The largest retailer in the world can't even keep staple items. Hellman's Mayo.oos.

I think majority of new vehicles the last 5-10 years are spec'ed xW20 grades, so that demand for it is higher than xW30. Only German vehicles and few other makes are using xW40.

Our local WalMart is trying it's best to go under.

No 0w-20 Pennzoil Platinum 5 qt. on shelf, one qt. bottle of stuff from before they updated to GTL.

A month ago I was shopping for a new camera. No cameras on display in electronics. No one working there.

I flagged down a worker coming from the back room, who called for someone to come to the department. No one ever came.

On a counter top, they had cards with the same photo on several listing price, a few specs.No actual cameras on display. Under the counter, locked up, were the actual cameras. From what I could see trying to peer behind the counter, the cards with prices were not the same ones they had in stock locked under a counter.

Prime example of why most all my shopping is done on Amazon. Beats having to look at the cretins that occupy those stores.

They should do a maximum number per customer, 2 or 3, for the on sale items. What I've started doing when they are all sold out is going to customer service and asking for a "rain check" for a jug or two at the sale price. So far they've never refused. Some local stores have been bad as I don't think they more than 1 or 2 jugs on the shelf when the sale started...

Yea HTSS, I think the last car that is fairly "recent" that used 5W30 was my Cobalt...

Now only VW group and German makes use a 5W30.

Ford has been using 20wt for a LONG time.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
They overbuilt here, except for 1st of the month, they could close a third of them & nobody would notice.

Evendale is okay. At least they have 0w-20 Platinum.

Sometimes I stop in at the Forest Park store, but only if I want to stand out.

Mason-Montgomery is okay, too, oil-wise.

I have no idea where the rest of the stores are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back