Someone smoked in my company truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
This is an ongoing issue at my job.

We had one guy who set fire to a box in the back of the truck he was driving after flicking a lit butt out of the window. After that, he just put them out on the floor. Eventually the whole floor was covered. That led to an official ban on smoking in the trucks.

Then there was the dip incident. Not sure what exactly happened, but the top of the dash on our 13 Silverado got covered in Copenhagen spit to the point it was running down the sides of the dash. Cup holders also had spit in them. It was bad.

NASTY! What kind of childish person behaves like that?

Is the company car considered part of the workplace? Since you use the vehicle during business hours, I would think so. Where does Florida stand regarding a smoking-free workplace?

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Does the "boss" own the company? Is he really a manager? If that is the case, he has to expense the damage, and it ends up on an audit to the people upstairs.

Not really.
I am one of the people upstairs when it comes to our fleet vehicles and minor damage is common and we usually leave it unrepaired.
When more than one person uses a vehicle, as is normal for fleets, nobody is ever responsible for any damage.
I refer to this type of damage as the work of the dent fairies since nobody will ever take credit for it.
That someone left clear evidence that they smoked in a truck the OP usually uses tells us that they either intended to irritate the OP or that they intended to make clear that they occupy a position farther up the food chain than the OP and can therefore do as they please.
IOW, I don't think that the obvious evidence left was an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back