Someone just shot my storm door I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 2:10 AM EST I was surfing the Internet in the family room and heard a loud noise at my front door. When I opened the front door, I noticed the storm door glass was all shattered with a tiny hole in the middle. As I opened the door wider, the vibration caused some of the glass pieces falling down and covered the floor. I looked at the metal surface of my front door and could not find any bullet hole. I first guess was someone fired a BB gun at my storm door as a new year resolution.

Could the storm door glass crack and shatter by itself with a loud noise and centering around a tiny hole by itself? The storm door has served me for many years without any problems.

Two years ago on a summer morning I found the driver side window of my wife's Toyota Echo completely shattered. I had read an Echo owner on the internet that one of her Echo's window also shattered without external force. I am not sure if that was caused by high temperature in my case.

It is 36F outside now. I don't think my storm door glass cracked because of low temperature. I have no troubles with my neighbors. I guess someone in my neighborhood just don't like me for my skin color. I just called the police and was told that a policeman would pay me a visit. I am not sure what the police is going to do about this, but probably just take a statement. =(

Last edited:
I doubt it just shattered on it's own. More than likely, it's probably some punk kids recklessly vandalizing.

Did your neighbors get it too?

A policeman just dropped by to take my statement and gave me a case number. Obviously he could do nothing more, but suggested me to replace the glass out of my own pocket instead of through insurance (cheaper that way).

No, none of my neighbors get it. I am just glad that whoever did it did not shoot at my cars. Come to think of it now I recall of hearing a loud cheer from a young man after something hit my front door with a big bang outside my house. I should have run to the front door and open it to see anyone out there at that time.

I live in a mostly white neighborhood. For the 16 years of residency I notice there are several vandalism around my house. For example, this summer someone always cut off my roses near my front door at night when they just fully bloomed. Last year someone removed the register sticker from one of my car's license plate. I found out and got a replacement sticker before getting a ticket from the police.

Let God be the judge of this evil doer.

Last edited:
After you put your registration sticker on your plate run some X's across it with a razor blade, then it will come off in tiny pieces.

Police report= good idea. If kids did it they'll do something dumb like brag on facebook.

Probably random violence, don't get thinking on cause too much... my parents got a rock through their window, someone hates Presbyterians?
lol.gif

"He hates those cans!"

the_jerk-steve_martin-00.jpg

As I cleaned up the mess this morning, I did not see the BB, which left a distinct mark on my metal front door surface. It did not dent the surface but left a distinct paint mark. I think the glass slowed down the BB during penetration. Also, the BB might be fired from a distance with a slower velocity at penetration of glass.

Last edited:
new years craziness. there were rockets going off near my master bedroom that sounded like bombs going off. I got a drunk chick calling me wishing me a happy new year, I didn't know her.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
new years craziness. there were rockets going off near my master bedroom that sounded like bombs going off.

Ha...same story here except that the geniuses were lighting them on Wed night for some reason....????

the blast proceeded to damage the street lamp next to our house.
mad.gif
But it did eventually come back on.

I hate to complain though because most of the time they are decent neighbors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back