Some Sunday afternoon entertainment,Motorkote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like another snake oil. Didn't I read that the only places that use those machines are the places that sell "snake oil".

Looking at past threads, I see a lot of unsubtantiated, "This product contains..."
Any facts available? UOA's/VOA's?

I love how the home page says its the "preferred brand of the independent owner/operator"
Are they talking about the owner of the website?

The test looks convincing, but I am not sure.
If it looks too good to be true............you know the rest.

Id like to see more info on this stuff.Ive heard about it heard other drivers swearing by it.But whats the real deal

Wow, look at the test against other oils and treatments, Watch how thick the STP is, it looks like a goo when it gets spinning.

If only my engine was a Timken machine.
wink.gif

A very unscientific test, IMO. There are so many other variables that were probably left out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Motor Honey, STP, etc. shouldn't have been tested by themselves as they're not even a motor oil, just an additive. They're meant to be combined with motor oil to be effective, right? And what about the oils, were they warmed up before use, or cold? And isn't it said that brand new oil sometimes shows more wear than it does later on, because of additive activation, etc.?

I love this testimonial on that website. "I got to San Antonio, TX, stopped to get fuel and noticed oil was everywhere. I did not check my oil but drove to Laredo, TX."

What kind of dummy is this? Oh and by the way, Motor Honey and STP are just viscosity index improvers. No more, no less. All they do is thicken the oil.

"On July 28th I picked up a load in Dallas, TX going to Laredo, TX. Just a short run to get me home. Around Austin, TX, a driver told me my break was smoking bad. I looked out my side mirror and to my surprise, smoke was everywhere. So I kick my truck in neutral and let it coast, but the truck didn't slow down. So I preceded on down the road. Thought maybe it would cool off and stop smoking. I got to San Antonio, TX. It was hot and dry. I stop to get fuel and noticed oil was everywhere. I didn't check my oil, but drove on to Laredo, TX towing 44,442lbs in my trailer. Got there and delivered my load. I noticed my truck leaking oil. I went to the shop. My piston oil sealer to each was blown and oil run on the exhaust pipe. The parts were changed and they put in 42 quarts of oil. I never got a low oil light, my truck never seized up, and it started every time - basically with no oil. Thanks to Motorkote. It saved my truck."

"Donald, TX"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back