Some Rolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a food exhibitionist here.
tongue.gif

As you can see I'm a sloppy baker. I only care for taste. That disgusting looking stuff is cheese, ham and a bit tomato. Those rolls are all crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I always make a variety of stuff when baking rolls. I like a roll that is tasty all by itself. I never use bleached flour for bread. Mostly it's wheat with some rye, barley, oats etc. I like to add nuts, chopped onion, bacon or whatever I can find. I always improvise when baking bread. I use the ceramic baking "stone" you see there for pizza, bread, crackers and some other baked goods. The stone is great, because it draws moisture from the dough, making a nice crust at the bottom without burning it. There are ceramic stones and natural soap stones. The smoother the surface, the easier clean it is (use only water and baking powder). This baking stone is about 15 inches across. I usually proof the dough during the day. When I come home in the afternoon, my place smells like hooch (from the fermentation). I bake in the evening. A bunch of rolls bakes in about 25 minutes, a 2 lbs loaf of bread takes about one hour or a little longer.

rolls_s1853.jpg

Last edited:
My wife does a mean omelette. Chuck a bunch of organic eggs, milk in a chef pan and when partially cooked put it under the grill and then add chopped tomatoes and strong cheese. No salt, just some freshly ground pepper, and hot chilli sauce to taste. Breakfast calls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back