Some REALLY Good Rally Wrecks !

The end over end while still on the road crashes seemed particularly mean.

And I was impressed by how the Volvos stayed in one piece. That grey 240 even looked like it might just carry on.

I've told this story before but it's still a good one. Back in the '80s, the manager of the local brewery lost both his parents and his in-laws in car crashes. So he spent a lot of time studying crashed vehicles. He decided that Volvos and Mercedes bodies held up the best in a crash, so he and his wife both drove Volvos.

Endless entertainment...

1671600281724.png

New and improved, now with English commentary :ROFLMAO:

I can't imagine what auto insurance costs in that country...... Or how many body shops there are.

Getting Casco coverage is expensive in that part of the world, while getting a claim paid is a nightmare. Body shop repairs are nowhere the same quality as in the west, unless you're in a big city that has an affluent population (St. Petersburg, Moscow, etc.). If you live somewhere in the country then you better not get into a wreck, otherwise you're SOL. Of course, the current situation made getting parts and vehicles a bit worse for them (I don't want to get into it beyond the scope of this discussion).

They have some of the worse drivers and their choleric temperament makes them notorious road ragers. Such road manners would never fly here in the US.

1671601067296.jpg

1671601363525.jpg

Back