-

-

-

Last but not least for you Bud Drinkers
cheers.gif

-

Goose
patriot.gif

Ive always thought the Martrix was a cool looking car. Is your car 5 speed or auto? Whats your gas mileage?

The next car I buy....it will HAVE to get good gas MPG. I narrowed it down to the RSX, Civic & Matrix.

I like the USAF decal on the back
patriot.gif

Out of the 3 you mentioned the Civic will give you the best mpg. I usually get 30-32 in the winter months and 32-34 in the warmer weather. It is an auto...while not the quickest thing around off the line it gets around just fine and have no problem on the highway.

Ride is a little busy, more so than a Corolla's but I like the idea of being able to fold the seats down completely flat and haul a bunch of stuff if I need to(new storm door a couple of months ago for example)

If you are looking for better mpg and don't need the wagon take a look at the Corolla...I think Bill in Utah says he avg's almost 42 mpg in his.

Yeah the decal matches the car pretty well...guys in my unit call it the the mini Japanese staff car
lol.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

Nice car. Exactly the same as my GF's except hers is dark blue and doesn't have the fog lights.

Tires don't look to be Good Year RS-A's?

Came with Conti CH95's...awful tires! Cupped and thumped by 14k

Michelin Exalto A/S on now. Also have a set of HydroEdges mounted on my steel rims
smile.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

Love the color!

Wish I could get my wife interested in a Matrix.. (she really likes the Forester
rolleyes.gif
)

I don't like the Subi drivetrain compaired to the Matrix bulletproof one..

Very nice ride Goose!

Thanks for sharing
cheers.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

PS:
quote:

I think Bill in Utah says he avg's almost 42 mpg in his.

43.11 last tank. Filled up 10 mins ago..
fruit.gif

Wow...that is some crazy mpg Bill...I thought I have been doing good getting 33-34mpg
rolleyes.gif

Must be the extra size and weight of the Matrix and maybe the auto tranny?
dunno.gif
I'm not pounding the pedal down either...if I did that I'd be in the 30-32 range. One thing I have concluded is that this car doe not like cold weather....mpg usually drops to sometimes under 30 mpg......warm temps anf the mpg goes up to where it is now.....

I've been tempted to get a stick Corolla to pick up that extra 10 mpg

Goose
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Blue_Goose:
Wow...that is some crazy mpg Bill...I thought I have been doing good getting 33-34mpg
rolleyes.gif

Must be the extra size and weight of the Matrix and maybe the auto tranny?
dunno.gif
I'm not pounding the pedal down either...if I did that I'd be in the 30-32 range. One thing I have concluded is that this car doe not like cold weather....mpg usually drops to sometimes under 30 mpg......warm temps anf the mpg goes up to where it is now.....

I've been tempted to get a stick Corolla to pick up that extra 10 mpg

Goose
patriot.gif

I think also that my whole commute is flat except of one 400-500 foot hill and that I'm at 4700 ft where there is less air so less fuel is mixed in?

The lowest Elevation my Corolla has been to is about 2500 ft. (What ever Las Vegas is)

But getting 43 mpg is not bad...
grin.gif

Esp when in a little over 10 days, gas has gone from $2.18 to $2.69...
mad.gif

And we all know it's going to keep going up...

Take care Goose!

Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

VERY NICE looking Goose Mobile...does it honk?..................................................you see goose...honk...oh, never mind

^^
lol.gif

Yes it does..actually it is a real wimpy horn...I use it as little as possible to avoided being scorned by the local populace
blush.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

Went shopping today with the Matrix. We fit the following;

-1 fully assembled adult bicycle
-Grocery for a week
-6 X 2 liter pop bottles
-6 pack of beer
cheers.gif
-2 X 4.4 liter 5W-30 jugs
tongue.gif
-Full tank of gas

And the little bugger didn't complain one iota.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
I'm sure the higher altitude only helps gas mileage. I would love to see the gas mileage if you were very close to sea level.

At the end of June we will have a answer to that question!

Take care, bill
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back