Some pics of my Corvette!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I will have better ones soon, it was overcast when I took these ones. My friend Mike took pictures earlier in the day when it was sunny, and his digital camera is much better than mine too, so I'll get those pics tomorrow.

-

-

-

Outstanding! Give us all the details: What year? How many miles? Any piston slap?
grin.gif
Changed the oil yet?
cheers.gif

It's a 1998, 32,000 miles, no piston slap whatsoever, and it's got GC 0w30 corsing through it's veins now.
smile.gif

The car is in fantastic condition, it truly can be mistaken for a 2004 model, it's that good. I'm glad I paid more for this one instead of waiting for the 97 Corvette from Florida to arrive up here (which had 71k on it and was priced $6k less but certainly would not have looked like brand new, and it also had the ugly original wheels, while this one has the chrome newer style rims which IMHO look 1000x better)

You can't tell in the picture since I edited it out, but my car has the ugly side mouldings on it, but I'm getting them removed in less than 12 hours. Yet again I'm not able to sleep since I'm so excited. Getting this car has been a dream come true for me, and the more I drive it and the more I inspect it closer, the more impressed I am with it. I can't wait to see how GC does in it. First interval will be 5k, but that will only take me about 8 or 9 weeks, so we can expect the results in early to mid October.

quote:

Originally posted by SSDude:
Patman, is that Zaino I see?

I do use Zaino yes, but I haven't put a coat on this car just yet. The previous owner definitely used a good polish though!

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
You can't tell in the picture since I edited it out, but my car has the ugly side mouldings on it, but I'm getting them removed in less than 12 hours.

First time someone opens their door into the side of your Vette you're gonna wish you'd left those moldings on.

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
You can't tell in the picture since I edited it out, but my car has the ugly side mouldings on it, but I'm getting them removed in less than 12 hours.

First time someone opens their door into the side of your Vette you're gonna wish you'd left those moldings on.

No way! The car looks much cleaner with them off, I'm so happy I got them removed.

Here are more pics of the car, but they are from yesterday, before the mouldings were removed.

-

-

-

-

Patman ... told ya so!! You wont regret spending a little more money and getting a much nicer car with really low mileage ... much better off with this one and as I always said ... you deserve it !!!

Just dropped my M1 5w30/15w50 mix and the UPF44 (can't receommend them !!) and refilled with GC plus 8 oz. LC this weekend too!! There is no comparison ... the Vette runs much better with the GC/LC combo ... also installed a long style oilfilter (Purolator 25288), wich protrudes about an inch from the pan but is still much higher than the front cross member and the radiator/condenser ...

[ August 09, 2004, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Alex D ]

Patman,

In the first pic it looks like you're whiffing the exhaust; do those gummy bears smell better that way?
shocked.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Patman,

In the first pic it looks like you're whiffing the exhaust; do those gummy bears smell better that way?
shocked.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Hehe, it didn't have the GC in there at that point in time, so no gummy bear smell yet.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Man - I gotta:

a) downsize the house
b) get a better job
c) have the kids finance all their own needs
d) BUY A 'VETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patriot.gif
canada.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

COOL CAR!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Pabs, I'm sure having fun with it!

One of the reasons I was able to do this was because earlier this year we consolodated all of our debt and put it onto our mortgage, and also negotiated for a much lower rate (5%, locked in for the next five years) So once we did that I found we had a lot more money at the end of every month, so I figured you're only young once and I did not want to wait another 3 or 4 years to get one, I figured now was the time to do it! Even though I ended up spending more money than my original budget, it was worth it, as the car I got is truly almost as good as a new one. The previous owner really did a fabulous job keeping this car in showroom condition. I plan on continuing that trend (even though I will drive it in winter, I'll just be sure to wash it three or four times a week!)

Hey Patman, they spelled your name on your plates wrong, or is that how you spell it in Canada?
wink.gif

Congrats on the new toy.
cool.gif

That must be a practical smog check, peformed on live Canadians as required by law. Or maybe Patman dropped something in the crankcase when he did the oil change, and now he's waiting for it to come out naturally.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back