Some People REALLY Surprise Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
As most of the regulars here know my mom asked me to sell her 05 CVLX about 2 months ago after she stopped driving due to a million health issues and after my stepfather died back in June.

I ran an add in the local paper and it was sold immediately..I sold it to a couple in their 30's who lived about a hour away..I mentioned to them the tires and the battery were original [26K miles on the car] and they should change them out ASAP..I knocked off 1K bucks off the price..Besides that the car needed nothing else..I had it serviced with Mobil 1 [5w20] before they got it.

Today I got a phone call from the guy who bought the car..When he told me who he was I got nervous cause I thought it was going to be a problem as I figured this can not be good..As it turns out he called to tell me he went to Georiga twice with the car and told me how much he and his wife love the car..I was shocked.

I sold only a couple of cars privately but never had a call like this..All the other times I never heard from the people again.

There are decent people left in the world. They're just getting harder to find. :-\

I still periodically correspond with a guy who bought my old Acura Integra (he still loves it and it's running well), and the guy who sold me my current car.

That is definitely a cool experience. Oddly enough, I've known the fate of every single car I've owned except one. My very first car was a 1989 Toyota Camry. My father has seen it since (supposedly). The car was sold to someone my uncle knew, and had to have the alternator replaced within the first year of them owning it. Other than that, I've never heard from the owner, nor do I know anything else about the car.

The second car I owned was sold to a young kid, who had one of the wheels fall off from improper fastening (he put the factory wheels on with lug nuts made for aftermarket wheels. They didn't seat properly), then he blew the engine... My third car, a 2004 SRT-4 Neon, was rear-ended and nearly totaled after I sold it. My fourth car I have seen several times since selling it in January. I most recently saw it about one month ago in a parking lot. It appears to have never been washed since they took ownership of it, and the front-right quarterpanel is bashed in. My cars haven't fared so well after I've sold them!

Last edited:
Happened to me and my dad a couple years ago when we sold 2 huge sandrails (go karts) We freaked out when we saw his name on caller ID but it was just to tell us how happy he was with them. Yup, people still suprise us!

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
As it turns out he called to tell me he went to Georiga twice with the car and told me how much he and his wife love the car..

Don't you see? Its not the person, its the Panther!

That was a good set up. I was expecting something negative happened and was surprised to hear it was positive intead. Good to hear.

Good for them. Good for you. If I needed another car, Panthers would be getting a look. It is piece of history , I hope to own one day. I already have a Ranger :D):

That's cool I guess they appreciated a good car for a good price. Back in the 90's an older couple bought our family RV and they sent us post cards from all around the country for several years. We thought it was pretty cool.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
It is really nice to see other people here had positive calls after selling their vehicle.

I thought the guy was going to call back and say he was gonna break your face. good thing, you kept the car maintained
wink.gif

Off Topic, but similar in term of customer services - customer satisfaction.

About 4 years ago I bought 5 LCD TV's with Sharp Family and Friends discount with American Express to get another year of waranty. I kept 3 and sold 2 for a profit of about $500-600 each on Craigslist. I told buyers that since I bought the TV's with American Express, the warranty is 2 years instead of 1 year from Sharp. If they had any problem within 2 years I may be able to have it repaired without charge, as long as they bring it back to my house and I'll contact either Sharp or American Express depends on when it broke.

About 10-11 months later I emailed buyers letting them know that 1 year warranty is about to expire, if anything was wrong and they want it fixed then let me know so I will contact Sharp. They emailed back and said everything works without any problem.

On the 23rd months I emailed again to inform them that the 2 years warranty was about to expire, if they need some repairs then let me know so I can file a claim with American Express. Then a day after warranty expired, I emailed to let them know so that if anything broke from that day on was their problem.

That was what I did when I promised to buyers that I would work with them if their purchase failed within 2 years warranty period.

That was definitely awesome of you to do all that HTSS_TR..I do not know of many people who would go sooooo far out of their way to do all that like you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back