Some packaging concerns/new smaller bottles of LC/FP

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

Few weeks back received the new smaller bottles of FP in 24.oz. and LC in 32 oz.Before placing an order,mentioned here it was a great idea.However,a few concerns

The LC bottle was not labeled and thought they would not be shipped till the new labels arrived and also by law,thought all items shipped for idenification, had to have a label...I would just have felt better if the product was labled.

The FP bottle although labeled inside,something was floating on top.Taking the top off, the bottle manufacturer had used a paper/plastic seal and to fill the bottle with FP,the seal was punched through with something and with the edges looking rather ragged,assumed a piece of this material fell inside..Was able to remove

Anyone else?

The LC bottle should have a label on it, I have no idea why it would not. We do not even fill them before a label is put on.

In regards to the seal, we were accidentally sent caps that have the self seal up inside when they are first screwed on, but the reason it is missing is because the FP comletely dissolves it.

I had the same problem, the seals were dissolved on both of the 24oz bottles I received recently. I didn't see any particles floating in the FP, and I removed the remnants of the seals as well as I could from both bottles.

The red yorker cap cracked pretty quickly on the bottle in my wife's car, then it wouldn't stay on, and now it's lost. I need to find a replacement. I am not blaming poor quality or saying there is a problem, as I know my wife can underestimate her strength.
rolleyes.gif
The new bottles work great for conveniently and cleanly dispensing the product, but I see the red caps as an achilles heel (for my wife at least). Dispensing FP has never been easier.
cheers.gif

The LC bottle should have a label on it, I have no idea why it would not. We do not even fill them before a label is put on.

With the above statement,still feel left hanging and now concerned to know for sure the contents;and wouldn't you know I would be the one to get the bottle,not labeled..

Before I put this in my car,I need some assurance..Comments please

EJ

EJ, LC is a straw color and FP is a Pinkish color to ID.

While not optimum, worse case either product can safely be used in either end of the engine so don't worry about causing problems if that were to happen.

Guys this product is handmade and this is not some conglomerate you are dealing with. This is Mom and Pop, literally bringing you a formerly shelved and hidden chemistry so be patient as Jeff and Lucas turn up the marketing and associated retail packaging quality and efficiency.

This is a great product and brought to you by good folks who want you to be satisfied.

Terry,

From this forum,I do understand and know both to be quality products by a small home company,still growing,but especially,with the lack of a label, was was a concern

EJ

Is there supposed to be another cap on top of the yorker to plug it once it's been opened? (like on a bottle of gear oil) The bottle I just got doesn't have one. I was also a bit annoyed that the bottle was not completely filled to the ring at the top of the bottle. It was only about 1/4" low, but when you're paying almost $0.60 an ounce it should be slightly overfilled, if anything...

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
EJ, LC is a straw color and FP is a Pinkish color to ID.

While not optimum, worse case either product can safely be used in either end of the engine so don't worry about causing problems if that were to happen.

Guys this product is handmade and this is not some conglomerate you are dealing with. This is Mom and Pop, literally bringing you a formerly shelved and hidden chemistry so be patient as Jeff and Lucas turn up the marketing and associated retail packaging quality and efficiency.

This is a great product and brought to you by good folks who want you to be satisfied.

Have the colors changed recently? My FP is STRAW colored.
confused.gif

I received a gallon of each about two weeks ago, and I can confirm that my FP is Pink and the LC is straw/golden.

quote:

Originally posted by Steve_RI:
I received a gallon of each about two weeks ago, and I can confirm that my FP is Pink and the LC is straw/golden.

hmmm... well, i don't have LC for a reference, but the FP i have appears to be straw colored as well, just like uconn1150's. it might appear pink if i put it next to something that was even paler, but i don't really see any hint of red/pink in it.

do they both smell the same? i'm not terribly worried about it, but i'd still like to know for sure.

-michael

Odis or Lucas can answer the questions about color directly to clear the air. I do know that Odis is now making the FP pink,reddish to help ID the difference between the two. The older formulas where indeed the same color so don''t sweat it if your older stuff says FP and its the same tint as the LC you have.

You will not be able to tell a difference by smell or visually otherwise. They are very different chemically.

Thats all I can answer as I don't sell this stuff or package it.

EJ, I know you are sincere in asking and I answered to help you. Hopefully Odis or Lucas will add some to your concerns.

From my perspective this is a great product because I can use it to formulate custom lubes and it mixes so well with about any lube or application. I can use it to compensate for engine issues that are a universal problem that even SM reblends can't fix; carbon deposits forming on both the lower end and top end of the engine.

TD

EJ,

We will happily replace your LC bottle ASAP as we want you completely satisfied. If your LC bottle is the 32 ounce with a self measuring 1 oz chamber then I am 100% positive it is LC.

Anyone concerned on the color: if you bottle says Fuel Power then it is Fuel Power, if it says Lube Control then it is Lube Control.

Jeff

quote:

Originally posted by ZmOz:
Is there supposed to be another cap on top of the yorker to plug it once it's been opened? (like on a bottle of gear oil) The bottle I just got doesn't have one. I was also a bit annoyed that the bottle was not completely filled to the ring at the top of the bottle. It was only about 1/4" low, but when you're paying almost $0.60 an ounce it should be slightly overfilled, if anything...

ZmOz, yes your yorker cap comes with a little red cap. All of the caps have them when packaged, maybe it fell off in the box.

Jeff

my last bottle didnt come with a cap, I dumped the box and went through it and still no cap, luckily I had a bottle of something else laying around that had a similar sized cap and was able to make use of it.

quote:

Originally posted by lcd:
ZmOz, yes your yorker cap comes with a little red cap. All of the caps have them when packaged, maybe it fell off in the box.

Jeff

Definately no cap in the box.

If you'd like we can replace your cap, but we double check to make sure each yorker cap has it's little red top before we close the box.

Jeff,

Thanks you for the offer to replace the LC,but from what you and Terry have said (the colors do match) I'm satisfied it's LC...I was concerned and just wondering how my bottle,without the label,got by quality control

Anyway,I certainly didn't mean to open a can of worms,but in order for the company to continue to grow,I know you would not only wish to have all praises up front,but any concerns as well

EJ

quote:

Originally posted by lcd:
If you'd like we can replace your cap, but we double check to make sure each yorker cap has it's little red top before we close the box.

I can find a cap on something else, but since I'm not the only one without a cap I suggest you check a little more carefully next time.
wink.gif
Same goes for the level of FP in the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back