Some may enjoy this Automobile trip / nostalgia: :)

SammyChevelleTypeS3

$50 site donor 2023
I am just a freak for all things automotive. I do understand 100% that the vehicles created today are leaps and bounds better quality all around. Autos today are more about getting safely from point A to point B in style and comfort. There are some speedy new ICE and even EV these days. The cars featured here were mostly about two things: speed and the cool factor back then. I can say they stood up to what was intended. A hopeless case here, having actually had dreams seeing some of the muscle autos I sent on to other homes. Funny, when going thru this I was like "ok, I like #1 / #2 / #3 ..... then gave up. I like / lust for all of them. :) Owned a few of them too.

Not quite sure a few of them are 'underappreciated' or forgotten'; GNX, TR6, RX7 and Z's have a pretty deep fan base.

The Jensen is a great car, bit quirky and needy, but what a grand tourer for the time. The FF version was groundbreaking.

Last edited:
I have always been a Ford guy....but that Firebird is just the most beautiful thing on God's green earth.

The SVT is a close second.

I am not familiar with the AMC at the top of the list, was that color combo from the factory? I think I like it, but man it sure is different.

I have always been a Ford guy....but that Firebird is just the most beautiful thing on God's green earth.
The white GTA's were my favorite from that style. Gorgeous.

But OMG a Dodge Magnum? Ooook is this one of those Madea movies?

Ya can't say we did not have style, because man-o-man did we ever. Sure, classic American cars fell short on driving dynamics and overall engineering prowess. But we did so many things right, it often did not take too much effort to make some of these cars great. Any of the big GM cars were flat out cool.

1965-pontiac-gto-ls1-restomod.jpg

Ya can't say we did not have style, because man-o-man did we ever. Sure, classic American cars fell short on driving dynamics and overall engineering prowess. But we did so many things right, it often did not take too much effort to make some of these cars great. Any of the big GM cars were flat out cool.

1965-pontiac-gto-ls1-restomod.jpg
The '65 thru '67 Goats were some of the most beautiful cars ever. And that 389 (and 400) Pontiac engine was a torque MONSTER!

Back