Some info about SuperTech Motor Oil

Now I know that the SuperTech oil filters are of good quality, and I use them faithfully, but I do have a negative experience to share with this board regarding SuperTech 5w30. I tried this oil in my 99 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6(which I have since traded) about a year ago. When I was goig up a hill, the lifters satrted tapping loudly, and when I was back on a flat road it quieted down. The speed was about 40mph. I had never had this problem with the Havoline I was running. So to me it seems like the ST oil does not flow right under a load and causes the lifters to loose lubrication and "float". Any other diagnosis's out there? Cheers! SoftPoint

SoftPoint

No pinging, definetly the lifters, they would still tapp for a while one I got on the flat road, then quiet down as the oil got to them. Cheers! SoftPoint

I've used 5W-30 S-T oil for several years in two vehicles and other 5W-30 oils like Mobil before that. I don't think it makes any difference what brand of dino you use as long as you don't leave it in the crankcase too long, which is more than 4 mos. IMO!