So who else pulled a Nascar-style maneuver today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...

I followed a new Silverado(company truck by the looks of it) down a road and it entered a gas station with no signal. I was at least 500 feet behind it. I watched what I thought was the truck pulling into a space. WRONG...

As I drove along starting to pass the gas station I see what his real intent was, a U-turn again with no signal. The problem here is he had no intent on stopping when trying to re-enter the road to turn left. As I round the curve passing the gas station he puts the entire front end of the truck into the road. I sound the horn and make a hard 90 to left into the oncoming lane, rear tires crying the entire way. Another hard 90 brings be back to my lane of travel. I could see the guys face the entire time and he seemed as apathetic as they come.

I looked at my tires once I got to work, thanks to the douche I now melted/meshed some sipes together on my snow tires.
frown.gif

Map

Last edited:
I'm wanting to get rid of my car - so I would've tagged him in the door - just to bust his shoulder. Bitter, I am? I once almost killed myself avoiding a guy who pulled out onto the state highway from a hotel lot at 1:00AM. Thing is, he pulled out when I was 30' from his (female occupied) passenger door me traveling 45mph. I avoided him to the left oncoming lane, spun the car 180deg though (junk NEW 83 honda accord 3 door) proceded to threshold brake in reverse at 40 but there was the T-pole coming up fast. BANG! Seatbelts and 1983 honda accordion seatbacks dont work in a reverse crash. I ended up in the back seat with no pants. He stopped, loooked for 3 seconds and split. Nice fella!

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
Well...

I followed a new Silverado(company truck by the looks of it) down a road and it entered a gas station with no signal. I was at least 500 feet behind it. I watched what I thought was the truck pulling into a space. WRONG...

As I drove along starting to pass the gas station I see what his real intent was, a U-turn again with no signal. The problem here is he had no intent on stopping when trying to re-enter the road to turn left. As I round the curve passing the gas station he puts the entire front end of the truck into the road. I sound the horn and make a hard 90 to left into the oncoming lane, rear tires crying the entire way. Another hard 90 brings be back to my lane of travel. I could see the guys face the entire time and he seemed as apathetic as they come.

I looked at my tires once I got to work, thanks to the douche I now melted/meshed some sipes together on my snow tires.
frown.gif

Map

Thermo, your not actually surprised about his actions are you?? It seems to be standard operating procedure (sop) around here anymore!

Sounds like the guy I saw driving a white Jag heading east on the Kennedy. He almost performed the pit manuaver on himself three times cutting through traffic with no signal.

He was then getting off on Cumberland tailgating a car and then 50 feet before the lane exits he overtakes the car on the shoulder of the exit.

I try to stay very far away as usual.

lexus:

Considering the center square roundabout no one understands how to traverse in Easton...not really. I do have hope though.

Arco:

Forester not fun anymore? Or is the bottom-end knocking still? Don't get me wrong the though has crossed my mind many times in town here.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I ended up in the back seat with no pants.!

That is funny! But glad you were ok!

I "heard" a hit and run last week. justed busted out a friend's tail light on the way to kid's v-ball practice. Made my blood boil. There should be a special place in he!! for folks that mistreat others like this.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I ended up in the back seat with no pants.!

That is funny! But glad you were ok!
Odd that when you hit something in reverse, the lap belt can take your pants off as you're flying out of the seat backwards, the cheap honda seat pan sheet metal just folded in half. Def not a "volvo" quality seat. I also hit my head on the utility pole as it was crushing into the hatchback. the T-pole knocked me back into the car. I did leave a bit of my scalp and hair on that utility pole though, and the convenience seat back release on the left side of the passenger seat stuck into my right arm elbow at the joint. Then the DIN radio flew out of the dash and hit me in the forehead. The car was totalled. Better to hit some thing head-on I suppose, if you cant glance off of it.

Originally Posted By: meep
.. There should be a special place in he!! for folks that mistreat others like this.
Thats a bit harsh - its just a car. Now if it was a person that was hit and run, I would agree thats pretty low. But if they're drunk or scared - weak people have a tendency to avoid the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back