So we blew-up the Tacoma.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Our Diesel-Mechanic member slammds15 took a buddy of ours Tacoma through the mud bog (because Jay was driving his RAM diesel in it, its his Tacoma "mud beater").

It came out the other side of the pit knocking like crazy. One of therods is no longer attached to one of the pistons from the sounds of it. It wouldn't even move itself in 4-low and had to be dragged out of the way with the Dodge. Jon slapped it on the back of the 'duty and dragged it home.

Now it might get an SBC
wink.gif

Hydro-locked.

My guess is that he sucked water into the engine. Since water is not compressible, if the engine is spinning fast enough, things break. Con-rods are common here. If you're lucky, the engine will just stall and you can remove the spark plugs and shoot the water out the spark-plug holes using the starter.

This has happened to me several times mud-bogging in my Bronco. Ended up having to rebuild the engine. Muddy water is a great lapping compound.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Our Diesel-Mechanic member slammds15 took a buddy of ours Tacoma through the mud bog (because Jay was driving his RAM diesel in it, its his Tacoma "mud beater").

It came out the other side of the pit knocking like crazy. One of therods is no longer attached to one of the pistons from the sounds of it. It wouldn't even move itself in 4-low and had to be dragged out of the way with the Dodge. Jon slapped it on the back of the 'duty and dragged it home.

Now it might get an SBC
wink.gif

If it had Redline 10w-30........ Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Was he just running it hard of did something go wrong like overheating or overrevving? I don't want to start a domestic vs import war but in my experience when you put the trucks to the test, Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are much better at taking abuse.

Have you ever seen the redneck tug of wars between the diesel version of each truck with a tow rope or chain connecting the hitches?

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Now it might get an SBC
wink.gif

If it had Redline 10w-30........ Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Was he just running it hard of did something go wrong like overheating or overrevving? I don't want to start a domestic vs import war but in my experience when you put the trucks to the test, Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are much better at taking abuse.

Have you ever seen the redneck tug of wars between the diesel version of each truck with a tow rope or chain connecting the hitches?

We just have the truck pulls. Same random door-badged work truck F-250 from last year showed up this year and did well; he got 2nd IIRC. Winner was a Duramax (local) that had a tuner; in that class he was the ONLY one that had a tuner......

I doubt it was hydrolocked, the water wasn't deep enough. Comically enough, I believe this was the only Toyota in the bog, lol! A few trucks got stuck, including a couple of jeeps, but this was the only one that blew-up
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back