So much misinformation

I don’t claim to be an expert. In fact, I'm far from it. But hanging out here as certainly educated me quite a bit.

Stumbled across this this morning. It seems to be filled with so much misinformation. It talks about synthetic oils being developed in the late 1990s, gasket conditioners preventing blown head gaskets, synthetic oil being "risky" for older engines, conventional being better for "break in".

So much nonsense that flies in the face of what I've learned here on BITOG.

I don’t claim to be an expert. In fact, I'm far from it. But hanging out here as certainly educated me quite a bit.

Stumbled across this this morning. It seems to be filled with so much misinformation. It talks about synthetic oils being developed in the late 1990s, gasket conditioners preventing blown head gaskets, synthetic oil being "risky" for older engines, conventional being better for "break in".

So much nonsense that flies in the face of what I've learned here on BITOG.

Theres sooo many websites that do exactly just that and pull reviews from amazon and say this oil is better because of the reviews.

False info on the internet?

index.jpg

I'm not at all surprised at nonsense on the net. But where dose it come? A combination of old wife's tales and stupidity?

" When it’s hot outside, the oil in your engine becomes thinner. When this happens, it circulates faster, which means the engine won’t receive the protection it needs to stay healthy. By switching to a high mileage motor oil with additives like Anti-oxidants and seal conditioners. You help negate these issues before they cause extensive damage. "

:unsure: :rolleyes:
:ROFLMAO:

Back