So is this oil the same as...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say! If the ST meets the same GM spec, then maybe their close and formulated by the same blender(WarrenPerformanceProducts). Heres are the FAQ that I found from the web site that you proveded:

Mag1Mag 1 Products Synthetic Motor OilsPassenger Car Motor OilsHeavy Duty Engine OilsTransmission FluidsHydraulic FluidsUniversal Tractor FluidPerformance ChemicalsAerosolsGear OilsGreasesBrake FluidPower Steering Fluid2-Cycle Engine OilsHand Cleaners Stats & Facts FAQ's Testimonials Oil Drain Interval MSDS search Test Results Distributors US Distributors International Distributors Ask Our Experts
Home / Stats & Facts / Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ'sQ: Why should I buy MAG 1 Lubricants?

A: MAG 1 works very hard to provide very high quality, technologically advanced lubricants that are specifically formulated with balanced chemistry. With our forward-looking FMX wear reduction additive system specific technology we have forward-looking products designed to enhance oxidation resistance with exceptional deposit and wear control, outstanding ability to reduce friction, and in the end, prolonged engine life.

Q: Who makes MAG 1 Lubricants and why haven't I heard of them before?

A: Warren Distribution (since 1922) is based in Omaha, Nebraska and has been marketing MAG 1 Lubricants since 1988. As a large, privately owned independent oil company, Warren blends and packages private-label oils for major brands in the market, including retailers, the Department of the Defense, and had not promoted MAG 1 as our primary business historically.

Q: Is the quality of MAG 1 oils as good as the major brands?

A: Yes, MAG 1 meets or exceeds the specifications set be the API. It has been formulated to give the very best engine protection vs. standard GF-4 oils. When you use MAG 1 you can take comfort in knowing that you are using a product that is every bit as good or better than the best-known names in lubrication.

Q: Does MAG 1 use the same base stocks as the Majors?

A: Warren purchases the highest-quality severely hydrotreated base stocks available from the world's major refiners and combines them with the most technologically advanced additive systems, resulting in finished lubricants that meet or exceed OEM requirements. MAG 1 engine oils are fully licensed and approved by the American Petroleum Institute.

Q: Does using MAG 1 keep my new car warranty in effect?

A: Yes, A new car warranty will require you to use the specific viscosity motor oil that the OEM requires. The OEM will require that you use an API certified oil, and that you use the right viscosity. MAG 1 will meet or exceed these requirements as long as you put in the correct viscosity that is in your users manual.

Mag1Mag1 Home Contact Us About Us Privacy/Terms of Use Locate a Distributor Español Site Map

The rest of the site consist of the same things that other oil sited have, ie, Product Line, FAQ, Testimonials, Ask Us...

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Yes. Same clear bottle and everything.

Tortured Soul Jeez dude,I`ll pray for you!
grin2.gif

Last edited:
The GM4718M list that was posted a while ago simply says Warren on it, so any WPP manufactured oil claiming 4718M should be the exact same product. Using the exact same bottle, with the same specs, I'd say it's a 100% guarantee that the only difference between the two is the label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back