So? Is Ashland selling off Valvoline or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
?????????????????????????????????????????

All that stink about it a couple months ago, now not a word.

Last edited:
In this market of depressed lube prices, probably hard to find buyers.

Also, all the 'majors' that could easily purchase it (EOM, SOPUS) face 'competition' problems if they do buy it. Not worth the fuss for most.

It seems that if someone did buy it, they could do like Chrysler did when they bought AMC years ago and just phase it out totally. (Besides the fact Jeep is still (?) around, that is.)

That way there would be one less competitor. I for one am going to go and stay with SOPUS oils from now on.

Originally Posted By: RacerE7773
It seems that if someone did buy it, they could do like Chrysler did when they bought AMC years ago and just phase it out totally. (Besides the fact Jeep is still (?) around, that is.)

I'd sure hate to see MaxLife go away. The rest of it wouldn't matter much to me.

If only SOPUS would make a semi-syn high mileage oil that is as robust as MaxLife....

It's nor going anywhere.

The only possible way at this point would be an overseas buyer.

Judging by what is going on worldwide, I'd still have to say no.

Guess this means I can keep buying Napa syn...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: RacerE7773

I'd sure hate to see MaxLife go away. The rest of it wouldn't matter much to me.

If only SOPUS would make a semi-syn high mileage oil that is as robust as MaxLife....

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Pennzoil HM oils are as robust as Maxlife. Johnny has said they use Esters in the formulation; so it is a sem-syn. All PZ ols hold up well in service.

I don't know if its just me, or if any of you feel the same way. I mean for one thing, all the marketing is rediculous. But it seems that Pennzoil is more forthcoming about their oil. They state that Synthetic can be used in high mileage vehicls and will offer better protectin than any other blend or conventional. But Valvoline on the other hand will claim that Maxlife is better than Synpower in a highw mileage veh. IS that not rediculous?

Originally Posted By: strombony
I don't know if its just me, or if any of you feel the same way. I mean for one thing, all the marketing is rediculous. But it seems that Pennzoil is more forthcoming about their oil. They state that Synthetic can be used in high mileage vehicls and will offer better protectin than any other blend or conventional. But Valvoline on the other hand will claim that Maxlife is better than Synpower in a highw mileage veh. IS that not rediculous?

Some high mileage vehicles have problems that are specifically addressed by additives in MaxLife. That does not mean that a well-cared for engine with 75K miles will automatically run better than on SynPower, but if there is a slight leak, valve problems, burning oil, etc, then MaxLife could be better for a particular engine than SynPower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back