So I helped move this Gal Yesterday.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go:

Bad neighborhood, the movers off of Craig's List did not show up, she was soooo "ticked", her harmless poodle ran after some kid, she took it out on me, slamming car doors, she was late to get the U-haul & had to have it back by 3 (yea right...)

Back-up guys showed up, one was stabbed 6 times, the other guy left because he was arguing with his wife. Had to work super hard.

She changed her mind instead of moving it all again in several months, she brought it all to her Dad's. We hurried, some of the things (Couch Cushions, etc) were left in the hallway, she was 1.5 hours late getting the truck back for the next people waiting to rent it.

Soooo, she thought her Dad was going to bring in the rest of the stuff, he didn,'t & went to the Bar. Later on all of her stuff in the hallway was gone!!! He did not bring it in!!
33.gif

I got 7-8 Bruises & am super sore.

Now, she wants me to drive today to get her huge desk out of the 3rd story Apt to her new place.

I love to help people & always will, but:

Be careful what you get yourself into............

spankme2.gif
me.

Done, whew.

Yea, she's cute! Single now. No pictures, but no disappointment.

Ah, reformed Christian gal, no go.

Maybe a "worst moving experience thread" is in order.

1) Got asked to help someone move 1/4 mile down the street. "A monday for about 4 hours" should do it. 5 days, (20 hours) and the use of my truck later, the job was done.

2) Went to help someone move on Martha's Vineyard. Got up early and drove to North Kingston RI to take the fast ferry. Ferry is busted but it will only be "a few more minutes" 4 HOURS later the ferry company cancels the trip and I end up driving to New Bedford MA to take another ferry; get to Oak Bluff at 5:30 PM to START THE MOVE.

3) Got called late one evening, girl I know boyfriend needs to move out of his apt. TONIGHT. Seems a major crime was committed there and he needs to get out of the space. Show up with truck, place is a disaster with residue from the crime, and police dye marks all over. Eyewitless news crews lurking asking questions and wine-o's yelling @ the sky. FYI, police do not clean up crime scenes, friends do. Drag this guy's stuff and his boa and rat to his mom's place.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Friends help friends move.

True friends help move bodies.

No one helps pull a stump.

(from Weird Science in the bar scene)

Ain'it da twooth, baby.... Ain'it da twooth...

I'll help good lookin' gals move but:

Sorry Pablo, I'm not gonna pull your stump (or anyone else's)...

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Done, whew.

Yea, she's cute! Single now. No pictures, but no disappointment.

Ah, reformed Christian gal, no go.

1041831567_ebutpsycho.gif

Yea, some, ah, quite a bit psycho. But hey, she likes me!
happy2.gif

You got a truck,you're everyone's pal when it comes moving time!!! Been there and done that 2 dozen times at least!
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back