So how do I get a UOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the plunge into UOA. I don't see a sticky on steps to follow. Sorry if I missed it.
How much oil is necessary for an analysis?
What type of container is typically used?
Who does it?
How much does it cost?
Does it include ranges for the breakdown so I can tell if my numbers are good, bad, ok?

Thanks!

Go to www.blackstone.com - only UOA place I've used and I'm very happy with the service.

It costs $20.00 - the kit is free, just request it off their website. You can do additional things like the TBN for $10 or something. All listed on their website.

Container: Plastic bottle bit bigger than a salt shaker. You put that into a zip lock bag and into a black cylinder to ship it.

Most USPS and UPS don't like the thing so you might have to box it up. I use UPS and box it up because USPS wouldn't take it.

Yes - Blackstone will include average scores for your engine off to the right so you know how you did. You can post your UOA here for additional comments/information.

OK..I'm having difficulty locating where to request a UOA kit on the site. I have searched on "UOA" but no luck. Everything I see relates to Investing or Real Estate.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks fellas! Looking forward to the results of running the GTX to 5k. Looking forward to hearing your feedback as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back