So, Does EK Really Have That Much GC Stashed???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I won't name any names, but I've been asked whether I really have as much Green GC on hand as I've said. Well, with over 10k members, I suppose there may be a doubter or two out there. Let's put this question out to pasture. Here's the bulk of the collection. After I took this pic, I discovered another unopen case of six I had forgotten in the shed. There are 12 more at my office in New Orleans. So, that's 140 you can see here, another six unseen on hand, and the other 12 for a total of 158, but I did put five in my car today, so I guess I'm "down" to 153. A pic is worth a thousand words:
 -

The front group is my remaining M03 stock.
Next group M04097...
Then M04188...
A few M04236...
And finally a bunch of M04280.

153 quarts? 223 quarts?

I'd start worrying that the plastic bottles could fail before I use it all.

Technical question: How do I post a picture so I can show my newly acquired 50 qt GC stash? Or, my entire GC, Redline, Mobil 1, Delo 400, LC20, FP60, ARX, PureOne,/ M1/ Wix/ factory filter stash.

[ Or my stash of either 32 wheels mounted with premium snow tires for the various vehicles, or 32 wheels mounted with summer tires. 8 vehicles don't you know. ]

We're all a bit mad here, I've come to realize.
pat.gif

But, hey! If you like cars its all good fun!

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
I have a feeling it was YOU!!!!!
smile.gif

What are you going to do in the year 2035 when you run out of GC??

================================

quote:

Originally posted by Dark Jedi:
how do we know those bottles are full.
lol.gif
. but it is a lot of green.

I plead NOT GUILTY on both counts! As to the first, months before the green started getting scarce, my wife had finally succeeded in cooling me off of the GC buying with a little logic* and . . . we'll leave that part out so as not to inflame the mods. And, I might add, pushing it to 2035 would have me in the ultra-extended OCI range. Dan (the FTM would definitely NOT approve). At current usage, this stash will actually last until some time in 2010. That will give me plenty of time to digest developments in tribology and everyone's thoughts here before I actually need to buy more.
rolleyes.gif

As to the second count, actually all but one are full, and the straggler has only about 8 oz poured out of it. Can you spot it? Buy hey, it's really moot, since they'd all have to have been full at one point. If I'd gone out hoarding empties from others, now that would be really sick.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

* By the way, the Mrs. has not seen the soldiers in formation like in this picture -- thankfully (trust me, it's good that she hasn't). She sufficiently aghast at how the look all hunkered down in their boxes in the corner of the garage.

EDIT for typo.

[ October 29, 2005, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: ekpolk ]

ekpolk and pscholte: no wonder there's no green GC to be found on retail shelves anywhere in the U.S.

Talk about cornering the market.

quote:

Originally posted by dkryan:
ekpolk and pscholte: no wonder there's no green GC to be found on retail shelves anywhere in the U.S.

Talk about cornering the market.

well they havent found my back waters area I live in yet. . the 2 AZ I went to had 8 QT in one and 5 in the other. so I think I can get a lil stash going on before they find where I live and hog the rest
grin.gif

Question:

What do we do if the 'GC Gold' or some other yet to be imported Castrol Syntec oil turns out to be better than 'GC Green' in the near future?

Has oil really reached the highest level of performance with GC? Or will we see continued and rapid improvement?

I can understand collecting / hoarding the oil when it was such a bargain and was in fairly limited distribution. And it was fun to buy an oil that was a bit like going on an Easter Egg Hunt.

But, like the David Mamet movie: Things Change.

[ October 30, 2005, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Thatwouldbegreat ]

I'll let your mental illness take care of itself.

My question is: How much did it cost for the garage addition to store the oil?

And I hope your future cars are OK with GC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back