Snow Tires Nissan Versa (Worth the Price)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could get new steel wheels and snowtires from DTD for about 500$ total.

they would be 15" steel rims.

you have to call and haggle for the best price.

I got them to go over 200 lower than their website price.

I'd take new tires and rims with no issues over used craiglist unless its cheap used craigslist.

Which conti's are they? so I could look up new tread depth.

Last edited:
I agree with all of you guys. Im in canada and we can get a foot in a day where i am. I will always have snow tires on a winter set of rims for the wifes sports cars and my trucks will always have winter rated big mud tires which do awesome in the snow and everywhere else. I got a set of 16" aluminum rims off a 1999 s-10 extreme and four nice low pros for 400$ so i think your deal sounds a bit pricey. Here I can get 4x new snow tires for 500$ installed with mileage guarantees. If you do decide to get winters which I also agree on being the best idea you can make for safety and keeping those summer rims nice, is to get a nice set with some steel rims and change them out right before it snows and right after to maximize tread life cause a good winter is alot softer than a summer or non winter tire. Thats what i do and ive had sets lasting up to 5 usefull seasons.

I do winter tires for the heart of cold season driving. I have them mounted & put them on myself. There is no comparison to the average 'all-season' tire, dedicated winter tires are much better.

I know fatal accidents that probably would not of happened with quality winter tires. Of course a few mph less in those conditions may of helped too. If I can put a higher safety percentage in my/our favor, I'll do it. For that reason alone dedicated winter tires are worth it to me.

My wife went to MI to visit relatives a winter or 2 ago. While there she borrowed dad's truck. She said it drove like shxx in the light snow. I had warned he ahead of time, whatever he has won't drive like the Blizzacks she's used to.

First you may find the Versa superior(really) vs the Jeep in stopping and turning with winter tires in the winter slop.

$350 seems steep for likely smallish Versa tires. Price out on tirerack.com and discount tire direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back