Snitches on Hyundai/Kia, gets $24,000,000.

I saw this mentioned some time ago, when the whistleblower just did the deed, but there was no award mentioned at the time. But here is an update with how it turned out for him.

With $24m it should be easy to start a small business, or live simply for the rest of his life. He is 59 now, good little early retirement fund, I'd say.
Even after taxes, I would be OTD at the speed of light for that kind of money! Imagine the good one could do for others, while still having plenty to live on for the rest of one's life (I'm 57)!

Even after taxes, I would be OTD at the speed of light for that kind of money! Imagine the good one could do for others, while still having plenty to live on for the rest of one's life (I'm 57)!
Rough numbers, I don't know exact penalties, but even with $17M after taxes and a low market return rate of 4% he would still be making $700k a year. Throw in a very good financial advisor that can get you into big boy investing funds then you can easily make 1MM or more with that kind of capital. Live off the dividends!

Back