Sneak-peek @ Auto-RX PLUS cleaning after 1,400 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mystic
You could say it was the rinse cycle for the Kreen!

Lol. Carb cleaner, or the screw driver can take some credit as well.

What is the repeatability of a compression test? Do you usually get identical readings when done few times in succession? Does it depend upon the outside temperature and battery state of the charge? Does it depend upon how many seconds you let the starter run?

If the answers to the above questions are yes, unless one gets a substantial jump in the compression reading numbers, we will have to consider small increases as noise or measurement error.

The above is purely conjecture on my part.

^^ Many times you can skew compression results by simply squirting some oil in the cylinder in question.^^

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
^^ Many times you can skew compression results by simply squirting some oil in the cylinder in question.^^

Absolutely true, but as Artem said there are many many variables.

lets ask Sprintman. He has ALL the answers!

Years ago I had a cheap compression gauge that had a rubber seal on it that you would press into the cylinder, it didn't thread in. All you had to do to get a low reading was move the gauge a little while your partner was cranking the engine. Or hold it in and make a good seal with it and the number would rise.

So you all seem to know how to take compression readings, just like you know how to take tire readings.

Anybody taking any reading with any instrument can make mistakes. But you all seem to know how to avoid making mistakes. Are you saying others can't and their compression readings are wrong? Are you saying dnewton was one of those? Are you saying they don't take multiple readings to ensure they are not making a mistakes? Are you saying they don't calculate averages after discarding statistically incorrect readings?

The insinuation that others get these things wrong is tiresome. What is ironic is that you all suggest you are the only ones getting things right. But one of you has flip flopped on ARX and thin oils! There is no credibility there whatsoever!

Vikas asked about compression tests, and getting identical readings. I shared how results can be skewed. Then I commented about a cheap gauge I had and how just by how it was held results could be changed. BTW any mechanic who used a compression gauge knows what I'm talking about.

No mention of dnewton or anyone else for that matter. For the record I have no reason not to believe dnewton, I had similar results cleaning up a 250 I6 boat engine.

Flip flop, hardly, view points change sometimes. There was a time I stopped using Mobil 1 after almost 30 years. In fact I stopped using it for close to 5 years, I'm using it once again. People and times change.

Fellas, I used Amsoil' Engine Flush, Auto-RX, Kreen and now Auto-RX Minus for their supposed cleaning ability, not for any claims of increased compression, stopping of oil leaks, etc, etc.

Had I been out to prove or disprove ALL the claims that company A said that its product does, I would have done compression testings, etc, etc.

I couldn't care less about the compression. I'm out to find an engine cleaner that cleans, period.

Someone else can do back to back compression tests.

Originally Posted By: Artem

I couldn't care less about the compression. I'm out to find an engine cleaner that cleans, period.

I hear ya. Clean is a 'visual' thing, you expected to 'see' results. Had those products been advertised as compression boosters it would be a different story.

I agree with you completely Artem. Some people start talking about compression tests and fuel mileage as soon as it is demonstrated that their engine cleaner does not seem to clean an engine very well. And we know that fuel mileage tests can be deceptive and compression readings can be inaccurate unless a recording compression tester is used.

If a product is advertised to clean engines, than I think it should clean engines. Otherwise the product should be advertised as a product that can improve compression.

Well that's great to have the success criteria on record (so many times from one poster).

So if PU does not clean the soft build up under Artems valve cover, then the verdict from this group should be that Pennzoil are just as bad as Auto RX with their product claims that relate to cleaning.

Indeed, as a large multinational that have the resources to do extensive testing, in some ways it is worse because they may be saying something which is the opposite of their testing.

But wait! There is one caveat that the PU / PP fan is not mentioning. When Pennzoil say cleaning, they refer to piston cleaning!

But here we have folks who are only interested in the area under the valve cover.

So even their definition of cleaning is not the same as Pennzoils!

But of course, they know something of Pennzoils "mystical" cleaning powers that has eluded the rest of us when looking at the PQIA comparative VOAs.

The lack of critical thinking here is priceless. The desire to want the world to be black and white when it is not is so great that black and white thinking is forced onto even relatively simplistic scenarios. No wonder this country is going downhill.

Carry on with the circus!

36.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Artem

I hear ya. Clean is a 'visual' thing, you expected to 'see' results. Had those products been advertised as compression boosters it would be a different story.

Don't go changing your mind again.

Originally Posted By: foxs
But wait! There is one caveat that the PU / PP fan is not mentioning. When Pennzoil say cleaning, they refer to piston cleaning!

Talk about posting whatever suits you argument even if its totally false. Where did you get that bit of misinformation?
No problem, I guess you left your mechanic and research skills back in PA before you became an investor in SF.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Pennzoil
Pennzoil Ultra™ full synthetic oil prevents sludge and damaging deposits from forming by seeking out, dissolving and neutralizing contaminants safely into the oil and cleans up sludge by gently lifting deposits off engine surfaces and dissolving them into the oil.

http://www.pennzoil.com/technology-of-clean/the-power-of-pennzoil-synthetic-motor-oil/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back