Sneak-peek @ Auto-RX PLUS cleaning after 1,400 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artem is driving so much that we should probably see his pics from using PU sometime next week.

Originally Posted By: V8man
Artem, you have done 2 Clean and Rinses with the old auto-rx, and now you have used Auto-Rx Plus.

I found this on the auto-rx website: Auto-Rx Is a specially formulated, all natural metal cleaner designed to thoroughly clean the internals of your engine. Do you feel that this product met this claim?

On the FAQ Page where someone had a question about Varnish, this is part of what was said: Auto-Rx does clean off the Varnish, but due to varying engine designs, it is impossible to give an exact timeframe.

Your pics tell me that neither auto-rx or Auto-Rx Plus cleans off the Varnish.

Thank You for showing us these various pics using auto-rx and Auto-Rx Plus.

Good Luck with Pennzoil Ultra, it will be interesting in seeing what happens.

You must have more usernames than anybody else on the interweb, I wonder why Brent?

Here we go again...
18.gif
31.gif
32.gif

I'm interested in how people consider varnish on a valve cover to be "baked on".

The varnish isn't formed on the valve cover, it is transported there by oil that is at it's saturation point with varnish, and cools below the temperature that it drops out in those dark brown striations seen across rocker covers, where the chain goes etc.

To get rid of it, you need to get the varnish back into solution, transport it away, and get rid of it...and the only place that it can go is into the drain pan. Once new oil, or a new additive has sucked up as much as it can hold, then any new varnish that is formed, gets thrown at the same old places.

It took a few hundred thousand miles, and many many gallons of varnish saturated oil to make a deposit, it will take many many oil changes to make it go away. Each and every one of those changes must be "early", to allow the new oil to suck up the varnish that's already there.

Thanks for all of this, Artem; I never doubted you.
smile.gif

Straight PU & then pics - good call.

Great report, factually presented. Kudos.

Seems like the goo is soft as butter. But it should be after all the different products.

Personally I am dying to see what plain Ultra can do.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Me too, and a few other members for sure.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

20.gif
lol.gif

thanks Artem for the pics and the updates on all of the products you have used in this engine. like others I am curious to see what Ultra can do.

Everyone is anticipating PU to deliver. It will be hilarious if nothing changes.
facepalm.gif

From what I've seen on Pennzoil's site regarding their testing of PU, seems they ran the oil for 4,000 miles and then did the AFTER pictures, showing sludge removal. I highly doubt PU will achieve any noticeable results after the 800 mile trip this weekend, 1,500 miles, 2,000, etc. As it's not a dedicated engine cleaner but is oil at the end of the day, I'd think that it would need lots of miles and several OCIs to possibly rinse off anything.

I haven't been following PU as much as the rest of you as I'm an Amsoil and M1 fan, but, from the various cleaning results that others have posted, was it a relatively short OCI that did it or several?

Judging from the lack of results you've had, I'd think its going to take at least 3-4 4,000 mile OCIs, if it works at all. Think about it this way, using the old formula A-Rx that's still less than two clean and rinse cycles, if that's any consultation.

I don't think I or anyone else here will have the patience to wait out 10,000+ miles while I use PU back to back in hopes of results at the end of the day.

As someone who's trying to clean an engine, I'd hate to recommend a product that will take them a year+ of use to achieve results. People want results NOW, and thus I'll give PU a quick shot and then add a boost (MMO).

Perhaps someone else can take a dirty engine and run PU for several years and report back the cleaning results.

Originally Posted By: Artem
I don't think I or anyone else here will have the patience to wait out 10,000+ miles while I use PU back to back in hopes of results at the end of the day.

As someone who's trying to clean an engine, I'd hate to recommend a product that will take them a year+ of use to achieve results. People want results NOW, and thus I'll give PU a quick shot and then add a boost (MMO).

Perhaps someone else can take a dirty engine and run PU for several years and report back the cleaning results.

I hear ya, and I can't say I blame you. For me two clean rinse cycles could take 2 years or more depending on which vehicle I planned on cleaning.

Do you think you could try PU alone for 4K miles? Then give MMO or another product a shot following their directions for the next OCI?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Put my name on the list, I want to see it do better than it did for me (and I'm sure it would have done better for me had I left it in for longer than 2k before topping off with MMO)

I'm doing a 15,000 mile experiment with Canola and I don't usually drive much. I'd definitely be interested in seeing your 10k results, especially given that they'd probably be ready before my 5k check-in.

I would like to see the PU tried for 4000 miles like demarpaint said. It needs some time in the engine to do any good. And then we will know something about the cleaning ability of PU.

After that a cleaning with PU and MMO combined would be interesting.

There is no getting around the fact that Auto-RX+ did not perform well in this testing.

Everyone is anticipating PU to deliver.

Honestly i don't know. I'm neither optimistic or pessimistic but it sure will be interesting to see what 4K produces or doesn't with this oil.

Wouldn't it be something if the stuff did some real cleaning, i mean its an oil with supposed cleaning abilities not a dedicated cleaner.
Thanks for giving it a shot we may all learn something with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back