Sneak-peek @ Auto-RX PLUS cleaning after 1,400 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
eusa_think.gif
I'm speechless at this point...
unamusedpopcorn.gif

I don't know if MMO is an effective engine cleaner or not. Maybe we can find out here. But at least MMO is cheap and readily available.

For me I am heading in the direction of just using the best motor oils we can discover here at bobistheoilguy.com. Right now those motor oils look like Mobil 1, PU and PP. And MMO could be used to help those motor oils clean and like I said at least it is cheap and readily available.

I would love to see what a 3000-4000 mile run of PU would do in this engine. If this engine is one of the Toyota sludge monster engines any oil or engine cleaner that could be effective would be on my to buy list, because any oil or cleaner that could actually clean up one of these sludge prone engines would have to be effective.

And if the oil removed some sludge maybe then do a combination PU and MMO run.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Heck one guy is testing canola oil all with great interest.

And decent results so far, I might add. Compression tests seem to agree and a UOA at 3k will hopefully back that up, as well.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Pablo
I just read the one person thread there. OOOOHKAY.

Its crazy.
33.gif

Yes, I think he might just be.
crackmeup2.gif

Alright Franky, if this is how you want to play, lets play. LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN!

FM: "I am going to suggest you consider 1500 miles cleaning phase and 1500 miles rinse phase. Auto-Rx will reimburse you for oil analysis and before and after photos, win lose or draw. Frank"

ME: "But Frank, are you sure I'll get results with ARX+ after only 1,500 miles?"

FM: "you have been driving highway miles. It makes no difference with Auto-Rx Plus it is the MILES. i don't think 100 miles is going to make much of a difference. Pull the valve cover and let me know where we are. Remember your going to be going into the rinse phase with just plain oil now for 1500 miles"

After seeing the results:

Me: "Well Frank, it's not looking too good at this point buddy... I don't know what to say, it's disappointing. I'm withholding from posting the results on BITOG as of right now. How shall I proceed?"

FM: "I am sending you 2 bottles of Auto-Rx Plus as i said earlier we will reimburse you for oil change and filters etc. Change out that oil currently in your engine. Start fresh with new Shell Rotella T ( if you want an oil analysis by all means get one we will pay for that)

Here is your new application add both bottles same time (Fast Track) to new oil.

Question is PCV Valve Clean? if not replace with OEM

You already have a 1 bottle solution driven for 1400 miles

so drive the 2 bottle application another 1500 miles

IMO we did not use enough Auto-Rx Plus

Let me know your thoughts. Frank

ps. Appreciate you waiting to post on bitog"

Now reading from those email between me and Frank, where on earth did he get the idea that this testing is in any way a HUGE SECRET and completely CONFIDENTIAL???

Had the results been good, he would have asked me to post them right away.

The results are bad and all the sudden I can't post them? What kinda nonsense is that?

This is all turning real nasty and I want no part of it.
thumbsdown.gif

Originally Posted By: Artem
Alright Franky, if this is how you want to play, lets play. LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN!

FM: "I am going to suggest you consider 1500 miles cleaning phase and 1500 miles rinse phase. Auto-Rx will reimburse you for oil analysis and before and after photos, win lose or draw. Frank"

ME: "But Frank, are you sure I'll get results with ARX+ after only 1,500 miles?"

FM: "you have been driving highway miles. It makes no difference with Auto-Rx Plus it is the MILES. i don't think 100 miles is going to make much of a difference. Pull the valve cover and let me know where we are. Remember your going to be going into the rinse phase with just plain oil now for 1500 miles"

After seeing the results:

Me: "Well Frank, it's not looking too good at this point buddy... I don't know what to say, it's disappointing. I'm withholding from posting the results on BITOG as of right now. How shall I proceed?"

FM: "I am sending you 2 bottles of Auto-Rx Plus as i said earlier we will reimburse you for oil change and filters etc. Change out that oil currently in your engine. Start fresh with new Shell Rotella T ( if you want an oil analysis by all means get one we will pay for that)

Here is your new application add both bottles same time (Fast Track) to new oil.

Question is PCV Valve Clean? if not replace with OEM

You already have a 1 bottle solution driven for 1400 miles

so drive the 2 bottle application another 1500 miles

IMO we did not use enough Auto-Rx Plus

Let me know your thoughts. Frank

ps. Appreciate you waiting to post on bitog"

Now reading from those email between me and Frank, where on earth did he get the idea that this testing is in any way a HUGE SECRET and completely CONFIDENTIAL???

Had the results been good, he would have asked me to post them right away.

The results are bad and all the sudden I can't post them? What kinda nonsense is that?

This is all turning real nasty and I want no part of it.
thumbsdown.gif

Ow... my sides.

lol.gif
36.gif

Quote:
IMO we did not use enough Auto-Rx plus. Let me know your thoughts.

This is gonna get expensive, so now an Auto-Rx Application in product alone will cost about $56.00, maybe the reason we are not seeing results is because not enough product is being used.

So if 2 bottles does not do it, then is it 3 bottles for each auto-rx plus application, so now it is not that auto-rx plus does not work, its that not enough product is being used.

Maybe Auto-Rx Plus should be in a 24 ounce bottle for the same cost as a 12 ounce bottle.

Well sprintman said that he was using two-three bottles and going 6000 miles so maybe it would be a good idea if Auto-RX+ came in 24 ounce bottles.

Artem, just as a point of curiosity, did you ask for the two free bottles that were sent? Were you given the opportunity to decline those two bottles before they were shipped?

I ask because if you did not order them and were not given the opportunity to decline the offer, US postal regulations (e.g. Federal law) stipulate that they are to be considered a free gift. If that is the case, do with them what you will, but do not return them to FM and do not send any payment for them, they are yours according to the letter and spirit of the law (again, IANAL and neither are the US Customs agent and postal carrier I asked about this, so you'll want to consult your attorney before taking my advise, which is not legal advice).

Your refusal to return the bottles at FM's request has no legal bearing on the gentleman's agreement between you and FM wherein he stated that he would reimburse you for your oil changes and UOA. Such an agreement is certainly legally binding and, as you have it in writing, can be proven in a civil court should FM choose to refuse to reimburse you and you decide to pursue it. You attorney, of course, would likely point out that his fees will far exceed the dollar amount in question and advise against pursuing it, but if I'm understanding the scenario correctly, he will otherwise agree that you are due reimbursement for those oil changes and a UOA if you had one done.

If, on the other hand, you requested those bottles or had an opportunity to decline them prior to FM shipping them to you, he's well within his rights to want them back or to request payment for them. I don't read this as having gone down that way, though.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Well sprintman said that he was using two-three bottles and going 6000 miles so maybe it would be a good idea if Auto-RX+ came in 24 ounce bottles.

If we are getting up in the 3 bottle range, lets say a quart bottle of auto-rx plus, this is gonna get EXPENSIVE. But at least we may see results, who cares about price.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: V8man

If we are getting up in the 3 bottle range, lets say a quart bottle of auto-rx plus, this is gonna get EXPENSIVE. But at least we may see results, who cares about price.
21.gif

3 bottles would be 36oz, that's 1.125qt, which would make it more than 25% of the sump capacity of most 4cyl vehicles on the market today. Every additive manufacturer I've seen recommends against exceeding 25% of your sump capacity, but we all know FM likes to be different so maybe he'll say someone needs to try it?

Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012
Originally Posted By: V8man

21.gif

3 bottles would be 36oz, that's 1.125qt, which would make it more than 25% of the sump capacity of most 4cyl vehicles on the market today. Every additive manufacturer I've seen recommends against exceeding 25% of your sump capacity, but we all know FM likes to be different so maybe he'll say someone needs to try it?

So 4 quarts at 25% would be 32 ounces.
Now 5 quarts at 25% would be 40 ounces.

Yeah you are right, 3 bottles times 12 ounces would be 36 ounces.

Maybe someone should try running it straight, idle until the engine gets up to temp, then let it cool, lather, rinse, repeat. I mean, it has to do something eventually, right? The heat-cool cycles should speed it along a bit, I would think.

Maybe 5 quarts of Pennzoil Ultra, 160 ounces, or 4 quarts for many of these small cars, 128 ounces, would cost less and be more effective.

Last edited:
Lets not get crazy here in some sort of feeding frenzy.
The guy showed his results and the correspondence between them. That and what the owner of the company said about him and BITOG members says it all about himself and the company and then some.

Honestly i would like this thread to stay open and the PU testing begin, i am genuinely interested in seeing any results or not.
We all saw what the other products did, none did much of anything visibly so IMHO its time to move on, no point in beating a dead horse.

49.gif

Wow there's always a lot of drama tied into A-Rx. Artem- I'd cut all ties with FM, and A-Rx, move on. All he has to defend the product is you drove 100 miles less than suggested, and he even said it wouldn't matter. I find it extremely difficult to do business with a company that conducts itself in this manner. It's really a shame, but a eyeopener for many of us, and for a few of us, this comes as no surprise. Carry on and don't let this bother you.

Me and Frank are / (were?) testing the supposedly new product. He sent me a bottle of ARX+ to test. Since it didn't do much, he sent me two more bottles to try the "fast track" application.

My guess is that if ARX+ is to fail to deliver during the "fast track" test that Frank would then proceed to blame my engine and its design as the culprit (as he's doing already) and that no product on earth will clean that stuff off if ARX+ fails.

ARX+ failed to deliver and instead of
18.gif
and doing more boring ARX+ testing, I decided to put it on hold and try something else real quick as wondering minds want to know whether other products work or not and I sure want to know as well so I choose to post MY results of MY cleaning experiment. Was I suppose to ask daddy's permission to do so? Come on now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back