Sneak-peek @ Auto-RX PLUS cleaning after 1,400 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If PU doesn't really make any difference I don't know where we go from here. I think there is a reasonable amount of evidence that motor oils like Mobil 1 and PU will keep an engine clean if used from the time the engine is new. But it appears we are still looking for that magical cleaner to clean up a dirty engine.

If there is no really effective cleaner than about the only thing that could be done with a really dirty engine is physically clean it up.

Based on what was discovered in Artem's testing I certainly would not pay for Auto-RX+ to try to clean an engine. And Kreen was not effective either. But this engine may be a problem engine and difficult to clean.

I do wish there was some reasonably effective, low cost cleaner that would work. But right now at this time I can't really think of any.

There is always the option of getting the engine warm but not too hot and filling the engine to the top with kerosene, then letting it sit for a while. It's super important to not have any parts above kerosene's flashpoint though! I probably wouldn't ever try it. Thanks Artem for your threads on your search for a good cleaner.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Everyone is anticipating PU to deliver.

The reason I'd like to see PU is because of their successfully advertising, getting people to think of it as a super cleaning oil on steroids. This would be one fool proof way to find out for sure. So far your engine has been a challenge to all the cleaners you've tried in it. This will let us hopefully find out how good or bad straight PU is at cleaning an engine. I honestly believe it will take more than 1 OCI to do it though.

I agree with demarpaint on the OCI. It took a *long* time for that stuff to build up. Kreen/ARX didn't do it, I doubt MMO would. Maybe the PennzU, (sounds better than PU, which is short hand for "what is that smell.", will work. But not in one OCI

But then again, as pointed out pages ago, this is a splash area. Maybe rags soaked in Seafoam, which claims to work *instantly*, laid on the varnish?

If you guys are suggesting that PennzU needs a few OCIs worth (i'm guessing 4k OCI as per Pennzoil's own test on their site x2 or so) to work (or not work) any cleaner, given that much time to soak into the build up will break it down.

I have no doubt that Auto-RX+ would have made a bigger dent at removal of the varnish had it had more time to do its thing and even better results would be seen if I use it for several OCIs as you guys are suggesting I do with PennzU. LOL.

Kreen would probably have done better had I done what the rep on the phone told me to do with it... (put a pint in with fresh oil and only run it 200-300 miles and change the oil. Add another pint of Kreen and run it for 200-300 miles and change the oil. Rinse, lather and repeat.)

3,000 miles of that ^ craziness would surely strip all the aluminum from my cylinder heads, revealing a brand sparkling new finish.
crackmeup2.gif

Atrem- I hate to be a PITA, but since this project is spread out over two threads [I believe], and has many of us interested, can you just give us an idea again of what was used in this engine so far and for how long? Thanks. It would make it a lot easier than hunting for it, some of us are lazy, old, or both.

So far what I learned here is both new and old A-Rx did nothing, as well as Kreen and a fast flush.

Amsoil's 10-15 minute engine flush was using during my use of Amsoil OE oil that are in my UOAs. I did 3 flushes over the course of 3 OCIs (would idle the flush 15 minutes prior to an oil change after I'd pull an oil sample for the UOA).

I then used Auto-RX for 3,000 miles + rinse followed by a 5,000 mile cleaning cycle + short rinse.

Kreen went next with 2 full quarts going into the engine @ 16oz doses every 1,000 miles.

Now Auto-RX Plus for 1,400 miles.

The oil of choice was PYB along with M1 oil filters except the last run with A-RX+ where I was told to use Rotella T6.

Man, what a walk down memory lane...

What others have said about the Pennzoil Ultra makes sense. would like to see something along the lines of a 4,000 mile test to see if it makes any dent , like their test claimed it did. s. thanks for taking the time to post , especially the photos to show us the updates.

Last edited:
Amsoil's 10-15 minute engine flush was using during my use of Amsoil OE oil that are in my UOAs. I did 3 flushes over the course of 3 OCIs (would idle the flush 15 minutes prior to an oil change after I'd pull an oil sample for the UOA).

I then used Auto-RX for 3,000 miles + rinse followed by a 5,000 mile cleaning cycle + short rinse.

Kreen went next with 2 full quarts going into the engine @ 16oz doses every 1,000 miles.

Now Auto-RX Plus for 1,400 miles.

The oil of choice was PYB along with M1 oil filters except the last run with A-RX+ where I was told to use Rotella T6.

Man, what a walk down memory lane...

Thanks Artem. Based on this, it would be safe to say continuing with fast flushes, Kreen, or A-Rx, essentially used three times, would all be a waste of time, effort, and money. In the case of A-Rx, and the fast flushes, as the saying goes three strikes and your out. We could say Kreen had four strikes at it, or two strikes depending on how you feel. Either way if those products couldn't produce results by now they're probably not going to. PU seems to be a logical choice, and you have enough photos to tell if it makes a "dent" in it or not.

You make a lot of sense and I agree with you.

I don't know whether I've said this in this thread or not but either the build up in my engine is so strong and stubborn or these cleaners simply suck at hardcore cleaning.

The Auto-RX reps still feel that A-RX+ can finish the job and that their "fast track" application is needed as well as running it for the full 3k miles in order to have a strong cleaning solution tackle the stubborn build up / varnish since one bottle is obviously not enough for my particular case.

I'm willing to try it but first want to give other products a round or two in the ring with the varnish. Sounds fair right?

I don't know whether I've said this in this thread or not but either the build up in my engine is so strong and stubborn or these cleaners simply suck at hardcore cleaning.

The Auto-RX reps still feel that A-RX+ can finish the job and that their "fast track" application is needed as well as running it for the full 3k miles in order to have a strong cleaning solution tackle the stubborn build up / varnish since one bottle is obviously not enough for my particular case.

I'm willing to try it but first want to give other products a round or two in the ring with the varnish. Sounds fair right?

You ran it 1,400 miles, and plan on following up with one of the alleged best cleaning oils, PennU. What else can you do, run two bottles of A-Rx+ for 3,000 miles and follow up with a rinse? If that's the case then there really isn't anything different with the new formula, is there? I still say run the PennU for 4,000 miles and take another look. Until then we really can't comment any further. All we can safely say is that as of today, nothing has worked for you. Keep in mind this is the third attempt with A-Rx in that engine, and you Kreened the living daylights out of it. LOL Now try PU'ing it!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
If that's the case then there really isn't anything different with the new formula, is there?

Quote:

Earlier in this thread:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I am curious whether the patent # from the new and old formula are the same?

I'll check and tell you right now...

Yep! same numbers.

I had a hunch to begin with.......... What's the penalty for false advertizing? New and improved; no new MSDS, same patent, same instructions, same results; right.

Sounds like a plan, I think you are on the right track.

Give the PU about 4000 miles and see what happens. If you feel you have not gotten results then try 2 bottles of Auto-Rx Plus for 3000 miles with PP.

Then after 3000 miles with 2 bottles of auto-rx plus then you and the people over at auto-rx can decide what you wanna do. I am guessing that you and auto-rx can then end this test.

OH NOES! YOU HAD BETTER APOLOGIZE, Artem!

Wouldn't running this PU with no ARX+ or other additives in it be considered a rinse cycle, as advised by both the bottle instructions and FM himself? Why would FM freak out about it, then?

And what of the lack of updated MSDS and this "new" and "different" product falling under the same patent?

I understand his concerns re: confidentiality and if you actually did have such an agreement with FM, it should have been honored. That said, if the spirit of that agreement (as determined by the presence of wording allowing you to post results only with FM's approval) was such that it would have prevented the posting of truthful negative results (as in this case), that requirement could be considered in violation of one or more local, state, or federal laws, and simple contract law (backed up by case law) stipulates that such provisions not only can, but should, be ignored (IANAL but that part of contract law is pretty clear, consult your own attorney for details). That would be why FM is offering local pickup of the two bottles of ARX+ and reimbursement for the oil changes rather than threatening a breach of contract suit.

It's funny, 15 minutes ago I wasn't an ARX hater, I was just under the assumption that these deposits weren't going to be cleaned by any chemical means. Then I read FMs posts and learned that, not only is he the [censored] I've seen him described as (I was previously giving him the benefit of the doubt), such deposits do not exist. Right. Got it.

Perhaps I should shut up before I get slapped with Federal Cyber charges (oh yes, as someone who works in IT security I can tell you this is a VERY REAL thing... in the movies).

^^ If anything a good cleaning oil like PU [as it's claimed to be] would possibly help the situation not hurt it.

Yes it sounds fair. But now things have really taken a turn for the worst. He has posted some really nasty things about you and members of BITOG.
Are you the "Varnish King"? Now he didn't get the desired results that he thought were in the bag the hatefulness is coming out.

Running ARX with PP which is claimed to be close to PU in cleaning abilities is not much different than running just PU alone for the same miles.
IMHO if PU can show some visible effect in 4K i would repeat it because then we know it works.

You were told 1500 miles so you went 1400 big whoop 100 more miles wasn't going to make any significant difference. If you went 500 or 1K i can see them getting their knickers in a knot.
Personally if i were you i would stay well clear of that company just going from what is posted about you, if you don't apologize by the end of today they don't want to continue testing with you? What the heck is that?

I have not in all fairness seen any other company post nasty stuff about dissatisfied customers whether it be oil, parts or additives.

This concerns BITOG members also. This is a huge falsehood!
Its true that ARX has a lot more dissatisfied customers but in general MMO, Kreen, LM, LC20 users have a pretty open mind about other products. Heck one guy is testing canola oil all with great interest.

This is a real shame..

http://auto-rx.activeboard.com/t53256660...the-bitog-blog/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
I kinda predicted you should have done the full ARx miles. This is not the first time this has happened.

You're right Pablo, but in all honesty we all know from those pictures 100 more miles would mean diddly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back