SN Plus on shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

03s

Was watching my local Walmart and noticed they were selling out Pennzoil Platinum then the shelves were empty awhile so I checked the new ones when they were out and it says SN Plus on the back.

notice the manufactured date on the jug is 07MAY18, probably has to be made after May 1 2018 to be SN Plus. And of course our prices are a lot higher in Canada.

Last edited:
It is identical to what was on the shelves before labeled as SN. Only the label is updated. This is on Pennzoil's website. Same oil.

Everyone has their new Jug of snake oil they are trying to sell you for another $20 over the price that's worked just fine for you the last ten years plus.

The price has not changed. SN Plus Pennzoil Platinum is still on roll back at Walmart for $22.XX. Same as it was prior to the amended spec.

Walmart and Canadian Tire tend to price everything above $40 to $50 CAN but always has some synthetic oil " Rolled Back " to $28 or $29 CAN which is $19.60 to $20.30 US. It's bad, but not $45 bad.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Canadian prices versus USA prices. No need for the tightwads to fret.
Ah, thanks. Although I have nothing that needs such high zoot oil in the first place. I think I'll continue on with non SN plus.

Sure, the Canadian prices are higher but the oil containers are also slightly larger (5L vs. 5Qts=4.73 L)

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Sure, the Canadian prices are higher but the oil containers are also slightly larger (5L vs. 5Qts=4.73 L)

LOL yah you get to pay $10 more for an extra .27 quarts.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

LOL yah you get to pay $10 more for an extra .27 quarts.

Diminishing returns... They'll get you every time.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Walmart and Canadian Tire tend to price everything above $40 to $50 CAN but always has some synthetic oil " Rolled Back " to $28 or $29 CAN which is $19.60 to $20.30 US. It's bad, but not $45 bad.

Also, in Canada you can get a $10 rebate on the 5L jugs of Platinum and Ultra so that brings the price down to under $20 CDN per jug if you buy when on sale. You can't pass up a deal like that!

It’s all about the price of crude oil. When it’s over $100/ bbl the Canadian dollar rises to a level higher than the US dollar. 2008 was the latest time it happened. Anyway, it’s up and down. Let’s all be friends.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
It is identical to what was on the shelves before labeled as SN. Only the label is updated. This is on Pennzoil's website. Same oil.

Actually, I think it might be more accurate to say that the oil already met the SN Plus requirements but the formulations may be different oils. Both PP and QSUD have changed their formulations/specs versus the older SN versions. They may or may not be the same oil based on the production and switch over dates. The KV100 viscosities for example have gone up on many of the SOPUS oils with SN Plus versus the older SN versions.

Just bought 3 jugs of Platinum SN Plus. Great price at WalMart but Pennzoil’s debate system seems intentionally designed to thwart, or at least wear-out, applicants. Baaed on my experience may be a fine product produced by an organization with a few rough ethics edges.

Oops, meant to say, 5L vs. 1US Gallon (3.785 liters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back