Smoothest, quitest tire for 2013 Civic sedan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Even though I only have 10,500 miles on my 2013 Civic EX sedan with the Continental Pro Contact tires that are wearing perfectly even all around, I am seriously considering upgrading to a more premier grand touring all season, like the Michelin Primacy MVX4 or the Pirelli Cinturato P7. The OE Continentals appear to be mediocre at best and I was wondering if either
the Michelin or the Pirelli will really be a big improvement with ride comfort, quietness and
smoothness?

I would like to hear from folks who have upgrading to either on of these tires from the OEM Continentals.

Thanks!

Research will show you that people rate the Pirelli a tad higher than the Michelin on the TireRack in terms of noise and ride comfort. If someone touts one tire, do they have experience with the other one your looking at which may be better? Man, you sound like you should be driving something else if you want a quiet and more comfortable ride. I hope new tires work out for you.

My friend has the same civic and same tires..i think the ride is just that way with the civic period..but i could be wrong. My corolla has the P7's and its very smooth..but again..the corolla isnt as sporty styled as the civic..and therefore rides more like a touring car than a lower sportier feel like the civic. I do believe those OE conti's are not very good though.

I had the Primacies on my Camry, and the particular size was short lived (around 30k on a heavy vehicle, for some reason my size has a low UTQG). But we drove them 'till bald, and they were quiet until the end. And seemed ok on traction at 4/32's in the wet. Don't have experiences with the P7's nor the Conti's, but just stating that the Michelins do seem to be a "not bad" choice.

For those with the P7's have you used them in the winter? If so, how are they in snow, ice, etc.

Keep in mind that the Primacy MXV4's are being replaced by the "NEW" Michelin Premier A/S. Though, you can still easily find MXV4's in stock, their quantity is dwindling!

My duaghter currently(since May'14) has the "NEW" Pirelli P7 Cinturato A/S PLUS("H" Speed Rated) on her '06 Mazda 3i in 205-55-16 which replaced the Hankook Optimo H727's("T" Speed Rated).

The P7's are very quiet(maybe more so than the H727) and much more responsive than the H727's but, not a ton of difference in everyday driving. The P7's may be a better tires for what you're looking for and I did get the P7's for a good price.

The P7's are certainly the better tire for this Mazda 3 and are supposed to roll easier. MPG has been the same thus far.

Look into the P7's along with the "NEW" General AltiMAX RT-43s which have now introduced(at the Tire Rack) this 205-55-16 in the "H" speed rating, whereas they were only available in a "T" for this size.

Both tires are a good value and are both scoring high with customers. The General's seem to score a bit higher in the TR's testing for it's particular category. Review the test data at thetirerack.com along with the Premier A/S. This will help you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back