Smoke another one, Tasca

We don't, but we aren't hungry anymore. For the last two years it's more like about to pass out at the Golden Corral.

Shipping is a killer though. Most of our shipping is though a group of dealers that basically bought a bunch of trucks and ships around the southeast on set routes. The customers we deliver to are already set up in their system and on a specific route.

We're not Tasca (they probably get a better rate), but FedEx and UPS are expensive. The sales department wanted me to ship a step package to a customer in state, but at a rural residential address, and even ground was $320 or so.
As heavy as step assemblies are, I can definitely see an expensive shipping rate.

I think the best bet for the op, is to go to his local dealership and see if he can get one shipped there from another dealership.

I live in Rhode Island and Tasca's shipping charges are unbelievable. There are other Ford dealers that are more reasonable out there.

I buy from Tasca often (they do Volvo parts) and have found that their shipping rates are generally reasonable. This is a crazy quote, but it was generated by a computer on a Saturday.

Call and talk to a real person today and see what they quote.

Then call your dealership. I’ve bought bulky parts, like skid plates, and windows, through my local dealership. No shipping charge.

When everything is added up, buying from your local dealership might be the cheapest option.

The one on my 13 GT500 is rigid, so the box is the same size as your hood and that takes up a lot of space and would require 2 people to move it around although it isn't heavy.

Let me add that I just bought four brand new Volvo “Pegasus” 17” wheels from TASCA.

They shipped today. $120 for all four. $30 each.

That seems very reasonable to ship a wheel.

OP - did you call them?

I think their shipping calculator is messed up.... gave 430.00 to ship 5 parts, none which should have incurred a dim weight...

Lakeland quoted like 75 of rthe same parts... guess we will see...

Let me add that I just bought four brand new Volvo “Pegasus” 17” wheels from TASCA.

They shipped today. $120 for all four. $30 each.

That seems very reasonable to ship a wheel.

OP - did you call them?

I haven't pursued it. When it moves closer to the top of the priority list, I'll deep-dive in search of a reasonable seller.

I worked for Tasca for almost ten years. They were brutal with price matrix’s on parts. People would get pissed because they could buy parts online cheaper than at the dealer.

Back