Smittys super s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have purchased it in 5W30 at K-Mart on sale. It runs fine in my selected older vehicles. Have not used any other of their products.

Do you have a lot of cars to service? I would put it there with supertech. if it any more that $75 you can get ST cheaper from walmart whenever you need it and have an extra quart (5X5qt=25 vs 6X4qt=24).

My strategy is the wait around for clearance sales and good rebates then buy about 2 years worth of oil changes. reasonable stash without getting ridiculous. I shoot for a max if $2/5/qt for full synthetic. Penzoil, M1 are the rebate kings. QS had havoline full synthetic have had some good clearances. Idemitsu as well some almost free.

keep your eyes open and deals are there to be had.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
Do you have a lot of cars to service? I would put it there with supertech. if it any more that $75 you can get ST cheaper from walmart whenever you need it and have an extra quart (5X5qt=25 vs 6X4qt=24).

My strategy is the wait around for clearance sales and good rebates then buy about 2 years worth of oil changes. reasonable stash without getting ridiculous. I shoot for a max if $2/5/qt for full synthetic. Penzoil, M1 are the rebate kings. QS had havoline full synthetic have had some good clearances. Idemitsu as well some almost free.

keep your eyes open and deals are there to be had.

My car, wife's car and dad's car all take 0w20.

I like when NAPA runs the sale on full synthetic at $2.99 Qt.

Hi, Ive used alot of smitys super s. One time it was on sale at Kmart for like 7 or 8 bucks so i bought alot of it. It was 5w30 semi synthetic. I have no way of comparing it to anything else except that I noticed nothing different in use than with any other oil I've used and my vehicles are still fine a couple years later.
About a year ago or so I got a bunch of supertech shipped to my Walmart for $8per gallon clearance and heve been using it for around 5k as i did with smittys. Perhaps I'll do one of those uoas on it to contribute something and see.
Good day
Shawn

I get the 10w30,5w30 Smitty's at the Rose's family of stores for $1.50 and $1.66 a qt.But I don't think Rose's is further north than Va/ West Va,primarily a southern chain of stores IIRC they are owned by Variety Wholesalers.Other chains they own are Super 10,Maxway,Roses Express,Bills Dollar Store,Super Dollar,Bargain Town.Maybe one these chains has a location in your area.They may have the oil in stock.

On a side note they also had Valvoline synth 5w30 and 0w20 for $2.50 a qt.

Smittys often goes on sale at a great price at Kmart
smile.gif

Yes to all this. There's a lot to be said about oil marketing and smaller outlets filling their shelves.

Good oils to "settle for" brings in good people like....BITOGers.

Originally Posted by Kira
Yes to all this. There's a lot to be said about oil marketing and smaller outlets filling their shelves.

Good oils to "settle for" brings in good people like....BITOGers.

Right on here
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back