Smell of DELO 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my first change & fill with Delo 400. If you have some lying around, give it a sniff!

I swear that this stuff smells like gin. Not sure if it's Tanqueray or Beefeater. I've never smelled oil like this before! I dig it!

OK - Time for some fresh air. . .
gr_stretch.gif

For some reason, I've noticed that Valvoline MaxLife and Royal Purple smell nearly identical to one another. The best way I can describe it is kind of an alcohol smell; which is strange since we know motor oil has no alcohol in it.
dunno.gif

The new CJ-4 Rotella T has a distinctly "synthetic" smell to it. Doesn't smell like oil at all.

Quote:

For some reason, I've noticed that Valvoline MaxLife and Royal Purple smell nearly identical to one another. The best way I can describe it is kind of an alcohol smell; which is strange since we know motor oil has no alcohol in it.
dunno.gif

If you've been close enough to Royal Purple to "smell it" then you obviously dont need a picture to see "purple oil"
laugh.gif

Quote:

Quote:

dunno.gif

If you've been close enough to Royal Purple to "smell it" then you obviously dont need a picture to see "purple oil"
laugh.gif

I only popped the cap at Pep Boys to take a wiff. I'd still like to see it in a jar though. I suppose some day I should just break down and buy a bottle.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back