Smartwatch woes

I have a 3+ Vibe+ smartwatch and a few weeks ago the 3+ Fitness app updated and suddenly I was entirely unable to login to the app.

I emailed their customer support and they told me the 3+ Fitness app was discontinued on 5/31 and they have a new app, 3+ Pro, so I switched to the new app and made a new account.

I tried pairing my watch to the app and it won't pair with the QR code and the app doesn't see the watch when I try pairing it manually.

I email them again and they tell me the Vibe+ isn't compatible with the new app because of "hardware limitations" HOWEVER the Vibe+ is on the list of options in the new app on the Add Device page.

I emailed their customer support again, this time saying some things that, if I repeated it here, I'd surely get banned from the forum, but I have attached a screenshot of their empty apology and response in this post.

I've also filed a report with the BBB and blasted them on every outlet possible.

Buyer beware, don't buy from 3+ Fitness or you might get screwed like I did! My watch is now a touchscreen paperweight!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1662761614324.jpg
    FB_IMG_1662761614324.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 18
I’ll put that one on the list with many other reasons not to own one just a useless device.
The only reason I got a smartwatch to begin with was to pair it with the dexcom app so I can watch my blood sugar while I'm at work so this is a bigger issue for me than it would be for most people.

I will just hang on to my thirty dollar Timex.
Yeah I have a Walmart Casio I wear regularly, but when I'm at work it was nice to have the smartwatch and be able to see my notifications on it between my blood sugar readings and keeping an eye out for messages from my girlfriend who stays at home because of her seizure disorder that has rendered her unable to work, God forbid something happens to her when I'm not home.

I’ll put that one on the list with many other reasons not to own one just a useless device.
There are a ton of uses for a smart watch for those that use the features, not any different than choosing a smart phone or flip phone.
As the OP stated and many other safety, health and medical reasons besides the typical convenience reasons.

There are a ton of uses for a smart watch for those that use the features, not any different than choosing a smart phone or flip phone.
As the OP stated and many other safety, health and medical reasons besides the typical convenience reasons.
So people with a smart watch don't own a smart phone that will do 99.9% what the watch can do? Seriously for 99% of the users it's about hey look at me I'm important with my smart watch on.

So people with a smart watch don't own a smart phone that will do 99.9% what the watch can do? Seriously for 99% of the users it's about hey look at me I'm important with my smart watch on.
Can your phone perform a EKG/ECG? No
Can your phone monitor your heart rate and alert you if something is wrong? No and more important if you are sleeping and not aware.
All this information can be printed and given to your doctor.
Did anyone in this forum ever feel a little discomfort in their chest but didnt bother to go to the hospital thinking its nothing, with the watch you can do an instant EKG and give it to your doctor every time you feel discomfort.
Low heart rate while you sleep? High Heart rate while you sleep? Irregular heart rhythm? Cardio Fitness Notifications? You can have the watch alert you and give the information to your doctor.
My family history is horrible when it comes to heart disease and death, this helps me avoid it greatly. I am sure most everyone knows someone with a heart issue or has passed away from one. This is a fantastic tool to help those people.

Ride a motorcycle? instead of watching a GPS the watch will ping your wrist when it is time to make a turn or exit ramp instead of watching your phone, you can even put the phone in your pocket or saddle bag. Heck I find it handy even in my truck, I dont even have to watch the GPS on the cell phone.

DO you like to work out? the watch will track your progress. I love this feature as well.

Fall notifications? Do you live alone or at risk of falls? If you do fall you can have the watch notify family and emergency services. Countless people can be helped with this.

Listen to music with a streaming service, no need to pick up your phone. Control it from your watch.

The above is the tip of the iceburg with the Apple Watch and I am sure many others.

Do you own a smart phone? I assume you dont look at that as a device as "hey look at me" do you?
BTW - smart watch people have their smart phone linked to their watches in the vast majority of cases.
Heck, I can answer the phone or send a text right from my wrist and keep my eyes on the road without needing to pick up my phone.

Last edited:
Oops! Here is one more for the list above!
Have you ever left your iPhone when you left your house?
Someone just posted a thread on this, left their cell phone behind looking to forward messages and phone calls.

Anyway, once in a great while I forget my cell phone, if I do, Ill be driving down the block in my community usually in less then 1/4 mile my watch vibrates my wrist to tell me I left my phone behind. It may seem like a gimmick but it does come in handy.

Back