Smart phone/computer guru question

Would anyone here know why when I send a text from my iphone to my email address, the text never shows up? It says "sent" on my phone, but it never shows up in my inbox or my spam. Is this a phone or an email problem?

I never heard of anyone texting to an e-mail address. Do you mean e-mailing to your e-mail address ?

You can't SMS an e-mail address unless your provider explicitly supports SMS to e-mail, which isn't overly common.

Where this becomes a bit confusing is that Apple iMessage will send to both e-mail and phone #'s, but that's not SMS/text, even though it is done through the same area, that's a specific service.

Since you're talking iPhone, imessage uses an email and or your mobile number for messaging purposes... Imessage to imessage.

Not sure about iPhone and what network you're on but from my Samsung a11 if I open a new text message box type in my email and a message I get an email from my [email protected]

Your iPhone has email, so use it to send your message to an email address.

You can't SMS an e-mail address unless your provider explicitly supports SMS to e-mail, which isn't overly common.

Most carriers in the U.S. have an email/text gateway. I use email-to-text all the time, and when the recipient responds it comes back to me as an email. The major exception that I know of is Google Voice.

You can find the carrier and gateway address for sending emails as SMS by plugging in the recipient's phone number here:

Most carriers in the U.S. have an email/text gateway. I use email-to-text all the time, and when the recipient responds it comes back to me as an email. The major exception that I know of is Google Voice.

You can find the carrier and gateway address for sending emails as SMS by plugging in the recipient's phone number here:

Good to know, sounds more common than I had thought.

Is your email address same as your iCloud account email address. You might be emailing it to your self as iMessags can tie to phone number and/or iCloud email account.

Most carriers in the U.S. have an email/text gateway. I use email-to-text
He's asking how to do text-to-email. Just because it works one way (email-to-text), doesn't mean it works the other direction. And as you point out, the conversation continues via email.

He's asking how to do text-to-email. Just because it works one way (email-to-text), doesn't mean it works the other direction. And as you point out, the conversation continues via email.
It works in the other direction at least in the case if you send email-to-SMS first, the recipient can then use the return address to send the other way. I just received an SMS-to-email message that way today from someone who had stored my return address for SMS-to-email. The conversation continues as SMS on the smartphone end, email on the computer end. (MMS works as well.)

Last edited:
I never heard of anyone texting to an e-mail address. Do you mean e-mailing to your e-mail address ?
No. When you open the texting app on your phone, just plug in a person's email address in the "to" field instead of their phone number, and then compose and send the message as usual, assuming your wireless carrier supports this functionality.

I text to my email to send pics from my phone. I have done it in the past, but recently it's not working and I don't know why...

I text to my email to send pics from my phone. I have done it in the past, but recently it's not working and I don't know why...

Grampi you are making it hard. For a single picture go to your Photos app and find the pic you want to send. Touch and hold on that pic and a option window pops up. Select Share and then Mail. Go from there.

If you want to send multiple pictures then at the top of the screen touch the Select button then touch each pic you want to send. A check mark will show on those pics. When you are finished touch the share box at the bottom. ( looks like a square with a arrow pointing up. Select mail and go.

If you had a Mac computer this would be all automatic. Any picture that is on your iPhone will show up on all Apple devices you own

This isn't the first time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can understand though. A couple of years ago I took some pictures when we were on a outing with some friends. One friend asked me to send the pictures to her but since we were out of cell phone range I told her I would email them later. She then instructed me about Airdrop which is a Apple feature. I had no idea. Learned something new.

Grampi you are making it hard. For a single picture go to your Photos app and find the pic you want to send. Touch and hold on that pic and a option window pops up. Select Share and then Mail. Go from there.

If you want to send multiple pictures then at the top of the screen touch the Select button then touch each pic you want to send. A check mark will show on those pics. When you are finished touch the share box at the bottom. ( looks like a square with a arrow pointing up. Select mail and go.

If you had a Mac computer this would be all automatic. Any picture that is on your iPhone will show up on all Apple devices you own
That's it! I did this and it went right away...Thanks!

That's odd. I send a text to my gmail and then back to my iphone all the time. I have done this for as long as I have had a phone that could text. It is really handy when I need to resize an image.

Back