Smallest .40 S&W???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah don't let the hype of "stopping power" get you all bent. There is nothing wrong with having a bias towards a certain round. I like the 9mm and the .40. BUT, if anyone tells you that the .38 or the 9mm won't do the job they don't know what their talking about. They are most likely a person who has read to many internet articles. Rent a few guns to see whats comfortable. I'll take practice and shot placement over caliber any day

The Kahr MK40 was the smallest .40 in the world last time I checked. They are very reliable and will drive a tack. They are also very heavy and kick like a mule. The NYPD use them for back-up. Last I heard.

Single stack or double 40?

Why not a LC9 with +p? 7+1 and a potent round. Tiny guy. Perfect IWB carry. Marksman in Puyallup will sell you one for $325.

I have a couple of Kahr pistols and like them a lot. I have a P380 that is my daily carry and a CW45 the I sometimes take out on camping trips and 4 wheeler rides.

Lately I have been carrying a Taurus 38 snub nose and it carries well.

Glock 23?

Its a little bit bigger than the Glock 30, which is chambered in my screename, and pictured here.
smile.gif
GLOCK_45Auto_30_Subcompact.jpg

http://www.usglock.com/index_files/glock23.htm

That's semi-compact for a .40S&W that's for sure and a great answer to the question, but I would think the Kahr PM40 is smaller

9mm - comparing a Glock 26 subcompact size to the Kahr CM9 - is exactly what we did at the range on Friday. Not even close. The Glock is just real pudgy. Great gun, real capacity - but way huge for jeans pocket carry.

Who was it that took over production of the Beretta Cougar 8040Mini? Was it Stoeger, do they still make the Mini version? I have a 8040Mini Beretta and like that little gun...makes a nice companion to my 96.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Who was it that took over production of the Beretta Cougar 8040Mini? Was it Stoeger, do they still make the Mini version? I have a 8040Mini Beretta and like that little gun...makes a nice companion to my 96.

Cougar or Cheetah? .. hmm, for this one, yeah it went to Stoeger Industries, yessir. And this one is the Cougar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_8000

2.7 8045 Cougar
2.8 8045 Cat Pack
2.9 8045 LAPD

Beretta moved the production line of the Cougar to Turkey when they brought out the PX series and rebranded them Stoegers. The only compact they make is in 9mm according to the Stoeger website. I have the fullsize 40 and its a nice shooting gun, but a little on the thick side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back