SM version of Pennzoil Platinum 5W40 Euro formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEL

Any industry pros know where I can order it from? My normal
distributor tells me he has SL version in stock and it is not
known when they will start sending the new formula which is marketed as having many more detergents

I have not heard anything about a SM version coming out. It's a European oil made to meet most every European oil spec there is and SM is not one of them, at this time.

Yes it is a whole new formulation. I am highly anticipating it.

I'd love to see the 0W20 widely available in the US, let alone a Euro product.........LOL

I was looking at the specks on their web site. I like the 40C and 100C cSt and the HTHS. It didn't give any clue of the add pack as to calcium, sodium. magnesium, boron, moly, and no clue of the ZDDP. I can't remember what the SM level of ZDDP is for a 40 grade.

This SM formula is supposed to have 50% more cleaning agents
in it and I am looking for it for that reason for the back of the intake valves and carbon deposits that are common in my engine

Well.............. Hopefully your oil never sees the backside of the intake valves. An engine cleaner added thru the fuel (Techron), or sucked in thru the throttle body (Seafoam), would be a better choice for cleaning valve deposits.

Originally Posted By: MI_Roger
An engine cleaner added thru the fuel (Techron), or sucked in thru the throttle body (Seafoam), would be a better choice for cleaning valve deposits.

+1 I use SL oil all year and a dose of Marvel in the fuel tank, too, in winter (in case of condensation).

That would be true except for that its direct injection so fuel
does not touch the intake valves it is sprayed into the cylinder

People who think they need PP 5w-40 should maybe try 5w-30 w/UOA. I've seen it work in chipped Euro turbos, hard-driven in summer.

Sprintman, Helix Ultra is now SM rated, whereas this stuff is new and SL rated. Helix lists Slackwax in the MSDS, the Euro stuff is different. It has different figures/characteristics to the Helix as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back