Sludge or Chocolate Fudge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those engines run quite hot oil temperatures and so the oil is stressed a lot more than your average engine so I would believe that goop in that many miles...

37.gif
Those were some gross pics!

Awww, I thought it was a poll. Would you rather have sludge or fudge in the engine.......

I choose fudge.

He's got a point though. Big bucks for a car and you can't put out small bucks for an oil change.

Last edited:
That can definitely happen in 8700 miles. Those engines run very hot and also have a flaw in engine design that does not allow the oil to reach specific points on the engine. Later revisions corrected the flaw by increasing the space where it was starving(cannot remember the name of the part or what the fix is called).

You run factory fill dino, drive the car hard, high RPM basically beating the snot out of the oil, or tons and tons of short trips, heavy fuel dilution and it will break. Acidity would rise from many short trips I would think no?

something is not right there. That much sludge after only 8.7k? Where's the dino lovers now, eh?? j/k, please don't get mental on us syn'ers
grin2.gif

I'm suprised the repair was covered under warranty. The longest the man. OCI would have been is 7.5k miles. Owner went over it by 1200 miles. Toyota should have voided the warranty, plain and simple.

Even though it's technically past it's OCI and the owner should be slapped, no engine should do this to oil that quickly.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'm suprised the repair was covered under warranty. The longest the man. OCI would have been is 7.5k miles. Owner went over it by 1200 miles. Toyota should have voided the warranty, plain and simple.
They are a "foreign" automaker not a "domestic" one!
LOL.gif
(J/K)

I've seen this set of photos before. Anyone notice the problem with this one? This is a screen capture done a few minutes ago. This mechanic seems to know what he's talking about -- until this...

Who can tell me what's wrong? I've owned two 1MZ powered vehicles, so it leapt right out at me.

Fill-What.jpg

Well...the coolant also needs to be replaced after the heads were off. The captions and the photos are out of sequence.

yowza that is horrible. 8700miles on a brand new engine? didnt know toyota of all companies could be so clueless about how to build a decent motor. imagine if it was an american car, people would be hootin and hollerin about how janky and 'old tech' their engines are. pshaw!

My daughter had a 99 Lexus 3.0. I changed the oil for her using M1 10-30. She sold it with 85,000 miles and as far as I know there wasn't sludge in it. 10,000 OCI.

Couldent it be 8700 miles over 2-3 years?
Nowhere does it say the amount of TIME it took to accumulate the miles.

My first car was a 1983 Ford LTD with 13,000 miles. And I started driving it in 1998.
It belonged to my Great Grandmother, who literally only drove 1 mile to the nearest gerocery store and back.
We replaced every gasket hose and seal on it before it ran right without leaking everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back