Sludge motors

Status
Not open for further replies.
how miles did that camery have on it?

you may be able to get a decent buck for your chysler if you don't trade it in and sell it yourself, a newer low mileage one maybe bring some money since they don't make them any more and a few people like them, they can't buy a new one

quote:

Originally posted by MillerMan:
how miles did that camery have on it?

you may be able to get a decent buck for your chysler if you don't trade it in and sell it yourself, a newer low mileage one maybe bring some money since they don't make them any more and a few people like them, they can't buy a new one

Just under 100k miles. I remember he was commenting that it almost made it to 100.

This explains what I saw when looking for a used toyota camry. Several where shot at 100,000. I purchased my first Honda Accord. Toyota definitely has a problem with the 4 cylinder camry.

quote:

Originally posted by TR3-2001SE:
This explains what I saw when looking for a used toyota camry. Several where shot at 100,000. I purchased my first Honda Accord. Toyota definitely has a problem with the 4 cylinder camry.

I don't think so.I've seen a lot of these 2.2L over 150K with nary a problem.
It's the owners with their "it's a Toyota,it won't break even if I don't change the oil"mentality.

quote:

Originally posted by Alan:

quote:

Originally posted by TR3-2001SE:

I don't think so.I've seen a lot of these 2.2L over 150K with nary a problem.
It's the owners with their "it's a Toyota,it won't break even if I don't change the oil"mentality.

The neighbor with the sludged up Camry is a former mechanic. I saw him single handedly do the engine swap in his drive way in one day. I tend to believe him when he says he did 3000 mile oil changes. He didn't use synthetic but at 3000 miles I don't think you should have to. There is a flaw in this engine design.

Just because he's a mechanic means he changed his oil
wink.gif

I've just seen to many of these with high milage engines with no sludge problems.

quote:

Originally posted by Alan:
Just because he's a mechanic means he changed his oil
wink.gif

I've just seen to many of these with high milage engines with no sludge problems.

i personally OWN 1 of them (170k), and know of several more owned by friends (100k+); never any problems. Camryman.org is full of them without any problems as well.

I also know a toyota mechanic (works at a dealership) and the only ones they've seen were obviously mistreated. Like no oil change EVER (30K+ on one)....or the all-to-common "one oil change right before bringing it in and yelling at the service writer".....

[ May 09, 2005, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: kenw ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back