slime for bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those that like to believe or try products easily. Currently my two bikes have Slime filled in the inner tube. The only problem I have with the Slime is when I check the tire pressure or release air out, some slime will fly out. That stuff smells like fish. I remeber on the bottle that it says product will remain liquid in the inner tube for up to 2 years. So does the Slime product solidfy after some time?

I cant say, but I just put some bell brand k-mart sourced slime filled tubes on my commuter bike.

Sure feel heavy, but beats getting a flat.

I have used a tire gauge a few times, and have not noticed what you mention. Seems odd that it would come out. Do you have presta or schrader valves?

JMH

Yeah I kind of see those tire products as cheap insurance. I've gotten a flat a few times and had to ride it home, not fun.

My guess is that when air is released from the valve, the slime sees that as a leak. Maybe put a bit too much in. Half a bottle front an half for rear. Its schrader valves same kind as on cars.

yeah, different deal if you had to put it in yourself. My tubes came pre-filled... maybe thats why mine dont do that?

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back