Skagen watches ... any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for my tiny wrists it looks like Skagen is the only affordable company which makes a watch that's not too gigantic for my wrist...
They're really thin, light and small enough and look elegant without looking gaudy and in-your-face ... I like an understated elegant look that looks good but not too dressy...and Skagen really seems right, at least on the looks dept.

I was wondering if any one here has any Skagen watches, and see what you got (pics would be cool) and would like to see what you have to say about them ...

Thanks.

EDIT: i know they're not an ultra classy/high quality brand, but i can't afford those anyway, (not yet, at least)

Last edited:
I have Movado I bought about 20+ years ago, it's running and gave accurate time. I don't plan to buy any other watch until it dies.

oily is one of those people who asks strangers, "Do you know what time it is?" I'm sure you can guess my answer to such an inquest.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
for my tiny wrists it looks like Skagen is the only affordable company which makes a watch that's not too gigantic for my wrist...

In wristwatches, my interest is focused solely on military and scientific chronographs. My interest in fashion watches is sub-zero. Therefore I cannot make any recommendations that you would find useful.

Me either. When I want the time, I go find some water to stick my wrist under and read the time off either my Seiko or Citizen diver's watch, so I remember how it feels to be in the ocean...

I had this problem for finding a watch with a sane caliber. Many makers vent grotesque. Thanks for the heads-up with Skagen, there are some functional designs sans-the-clutter.

Also Braun makes a couple of watches about 38mm Ca. If you want meachanical Sinn, some Russians like Vostok along with the Seiko/Orient are the ones which still make 36mm ca. Around the net, there are many Seikos which seem to be new old stocks. Neither these nor the overpriced ones like the Omega can keep time as accurate as a cheap quartz.

Originally Posted By: msparks
Ever heard of Orient Watches?

They specialize in mechanical watches, they are a division of seiko, all watches use in house movements that are made in Japan. They are high quality (for the money) and have some really nice designs.

http://www.orientwatchusa.com/

A friend turned me onto Orient recently and I have been bitten by the bug. I am currently tempted by this one
Going back to topic, the only Skagen I'd consider is their lone automatic.

Originally Posted By: ccs v2.0

A friend turned me onto Orient recently and I have been bitten by the bug. I am currently tempted by this one

Wow, I really like that one. I love Divers (because they are more water resistant) Anything less than 50m is not designed to be wet.

I'm really attracted to this one as a good basic all around watch.

Orient Wide Calendar (36mm)

I need to get a watch winder, so I can have a couple of automatics, I have to wear them now to stay wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back