SJ Kendall GT-1 PDS/VOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is in the correct place, but I was wondering if anyone had PDS and/or VOA information on SJ Kendall GT-1? I've googled it but come up empty handed.

Any particular grade of oil, e.g., 5W30/10W30?
You may want to start out searching our own BITOG VOA from the early days of the forum. I believe that MotorCraft SJ would have been similar, which was the Darling Oil back in the beginning of BITOG.

Last edited:
Simple gifts: It's for a '92 Buick Roadmaster, and I disagree with you, as I don't believe SN is as good as people say it is.

Char baby: first off, good to hear from you. Second, in the days of SJ Kendall wasn't owned by Phillips. The oldest VOAs I've found on here are for SL, Phillips Kendall.

AGS: I do appreciate the PDS for the current Kendall. I've viewed the PDS for the current Kendall Competition GT-1, and if I was looking for a modern 20W-50, that would be the one.

PQIA website shows the Kendal VOA (admittedly latest gen) in a very good light. Looks like stout stuff.

The closest I've come to knowing is someone mentioning it on another forum, and they said it was 1600 zinc and 1500 phosphorus. Nothing to prove it though.

May be you believe in dexos1? 5-30&0-20 have it.
And one more- there are many specific tests hide under these 2 letters- SN. So it'd be better to dig deeper and u will get some additional information on it.
cheers3.gif

But i'm concerned that oil has to have some additional approvals from ILSAC, ACEA fe, cause API is too weak and can tell less about what's inside.

Originally Posted By: WhoKnows
May be you believe in dexos1? 5-30&0-20 have it.
And one more- there are many specific tests hide under these 2 letters- SN. So it'd be better to dig deeper and u will get some additional information on it.
cheers3.gif

But i'm concerned that oil has to have some additional approvals from ILSAC, ACEA fe, cause API is too weak and can tell less about what's inside.

I agree as API limits are not as tight as ACEA ones, BUT Acea is based on self certification with zero oversight.
That's why I often advice owners to stick to major brand oils, or if they really are broke, use the VW approvals lists, as they check a lot of local non major oils for compliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back