Size of tire for 2002 2500hd...HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...

i dont have any stickers anywhere to tell me the factory size for tires on my truck. Its a 2002 2500HD Chevy 4x4. I have 235/75/R16 on right now, i know those are not factory. I have a spare set of 245/75/R16 i got for free in my shop. I have no way to find out if these are factory or not, i do believe that this is the factory size, i just dont want to go under factory size, dont want to over run the running gear. Thanks for the Help guys

2003f7 has the right answer, but it is incomplete - no inflation pressure!

According to Tire Guides, a 2002 Chevy K2500 came in a variety of configurations.

A Crew Cab (SRW) was inflated 65 psi front / 80 psi rear.
An Ext Cab (Long Box & Short Box) was inflated to 55 / 80.
A Reg Cab Long Box was inflated to 50 / 80.

I can guarantee you, unless it's a 1-ton dual axle, it didn't come with 235/75's....245/75's IS the correct size; however you can safely run a 265/75 even....that truck isn't going to notice the difference trust me.

My dodge diesel came with 245/7516's, I'm running 265's on it now, love it so much more...provides more stability having the wider tire.

Just make sure the tires you get are a 10-ply load range E; do NOT put 6 or 8ply on that truck; it's too heavy specially if you haul a load. Too much weight on inappropriate load-weight bearing tires will cause a blow-out.

Last edited:
Uniroyal HD/H
BF Goodrich Commercial T/A
Michelin LTX M/S

any of those tires would be awesome decisions if this is a truck driven on the road........

in reality, I would base a decision to go from 246 to 265 on the price increase... if it ends up costing a lot more, I wouldn't think its worth it at all..... a 245 will work awesome on the road with whatever you throw at it

Originally Posted By: Petrou
Ok...

i dont have any stickers anywhere to tell me the factory size for tires on my truck. Its a 2002 2500HD Chevy 4x4. I have 235/75/R16 on right now, i know those are not factory. I have a spare set of 245/75/R16 i got for free in my shop. I have no way to find out if these are factory or not, i do believe that this is the factory size, i just dont want to go under factory size, dont want to over run the running gear. Thanks for the Help guys

There should be a label somewhere for tire size as that is mandated by law. Perhaps the truck had some collision damage and the door and/or sill was repaired and they bodyshop did not replace the label.

Anyhow - you can also go to discount tire's website and they will tell you the OEM tire size as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back