SIXT car rental major price change

Booked a car in Aspen few days ago. Checked the prices for the same car same days today, price dropped dramatically from 130$ to 45$/day. Went ahead and booked it, cancelled original booking. New booking confirmed. Checked the prices few hours later, and they are back to where they were before. Question is if anyone seen that happen before? And what are the chances they are going to honor price I was given at the time of booking?

It's probably just some type of "smart" pricing system. Airbnb does it, Uber does it, even Amazon supposedly does it (I know the first two do). They have TONS of data telling them when people shop/book so maybe the increase prices when more people are looking, they look at how popular that day is for bookings or inquiries, and so on.

Yes, you'll be fine. As @Hall mentioned, it's based on an algorithm. Good score @parshisa !
Just follow up, they honored the price no questions asked. On top of that, they didn’t have the class I’ve booked and bumped me up to X3 at no extra charge. All in all, 450$ for 5 days

Just follow up, they honored the price no questions asked. On top of that, they didn’t have the class I’ve booked and bumped me up to X3 at no extra charge. All in all, 450$ for 5 days
Wait, $45/day at 5 days is less than $250. Howtf was it $450??

Just follow up, they honored the price no questions asked. On top of that, they didn’t have the class I’ve booked and bumped me up to X3 at no extra charge. All in all, 450$ for 5 daysvc
Good to hear! I love it when that happens! Booked a Ford Focus wagon and got an Alfa Romeo 159 back in 2010 and in 2016, I booked a Kia Optima and got an almost brand new Ford Fusion Hybrid.

Not bad for a private rental. I’m able to get our corporate rate for private rentals from Enterprise or National; in 2020 I got an Expedition Max Platinum for 7 days for $258 and put 4200 miles on it (drove to Yellowstone). These days it’s about $36/daily, some higher, but major airport taxes basically add 1.5-2days worth of rental fees. Nice find!

Back